Who is in charge of your food ? YOU or your Diet ?

Options
Who is in charge of your FOOD -- and why this is important.

DIET'S METHOD
SELF-EMPOWERMENT METHOD

behavior modification, control
self-awareness, decisions

any weight loss
gradual lifestyle changes

food is enemy, deprive
food is friend, enjoyment

'Can I have it?'
'Do I need it? Do I want it? '

diet controls choices
person in charge-decides what and when to eat

So in summary, when we diet to lose weight, the rules of the diet are in control. The diet is too drastic to be maintained. It is artificial and unpleasant, physically and emotionally stressful. Then when we quit the diet, we return to old eating patterns, and inevitably gain the weight back. It is important to learn lifestyle modifications or changes. The self-empowerment method focuses on eating for health rather than weight loss.(*this is huge!) We need to be in tune with our physical hunger and recognize when we are eating in response to stress. Empowerment comes from being in charge, learning self-discovery and self-nurturing.

This is what thin people do! What do you think??

Replies

• TLCPharmD
    TLCPharmD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at diets so I have been changing my eating habits over the years to healthier options. Now when I eat something like fast food, my body lets me know it is not happy about it. I actually have cravings for healthy stuff when I'm not at home!
  • annettevann
    Options
    awesome :) so what is one small change you made in your eating habits?
  • fishing88
    Options
    Self empowerment is the only way to go. It takes me 3 times longer to shop as now I'm reading every label. Eventually I wii know what's healthy, as well as, delicious.