RedTeam Week 3

Options
Aprilstar480
Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
Hi everyone
Welcome to week 3! I am waiting on confirmation from a couple coaches about some things so I’ll post winnners back here as soon as I get answers to my questions

Last nights show was about bidding and losing. The gym was empty and the teams bid on equipment to use, basically trying to get the equipment their trainers use the most. When they didn’t get what they typically use, they had to get creative

Im trying to think of a good way to do this challenge and here is what I’ve come up with. ****Let me know what you guys think of this***** If its too complicated or alot of people really hate it, then I can try to come up with something else

Each player on your team has 100 crunches to bid with. There will be several fitness items up for auction and you get to bid on which of these you would like to use as your main workout for the week. You can save your crunch payments and not bid on anything, but the catch is you cannot use any equipment for your main workout that week.

For example, we are bidding on using the treadmill. Me and Jen both want it. I bid 50 crunches and she bids 75. I decide to not go any higher and she wins the auction. This means Jen must do 75 crunches to pay for her treadmill usage. She is then able to use the treadmill as much as she wants all week. I still have all 100 of my crunches left so use them to bid for hand weights and workout videos instead. I do my 100 crunches and am able to use both of those things as much as I want this week, but cannot use the other items on the list as my main workouts. It rains one day so I use my treadmill and that’s ok, but it is not my main workout for the week. If you don’t win any of the auctions, then you don’t have to do any crunches, but you also don’t get any equipment to use. This is where you have to get creative and find other ways to get your workouts in – using things around the house for weights, bodyweight exercises, running outside or going for a walk, etc. I wont take everything away from you completely because I know that’s hard, so you can have 2 days where you can use equipment you didn’t win, but the other days you have to use only the equipment you won or wasn’t on the list.

Just to make sure you all understand, we’ll do a mock auction in this page for the next couple hours. Please bid (up to your 100 crunches) for what you’d like just so people can get an idea. Bids will start at 5 crunches and go up in that increment (unless you are so obsessed with one piece of equipment that you bid a high number right away).

Heres what you have to bid on:
Treadmill -mentalmunchie, 100 crunches
Elliptical - Loveme445, 25 crunches
Stationary bike
Hand weights -Loveme445, 45 crunches
Exercise classes (at a gym) - khearron26. 30- crunches
Rowing machine
Exercise videos – MichelleP418 , 80 crunches
Upper body weight machines (at a gym)
Lower body weight machines (at a gym)

And just to make it more complicated, you can “buy” crunches from your teammates. If im desperate to get the treadmill, I might offer to “buy” 25 of Jen’s crunches just to make sure I get it. The catch is that every crunch you buy from another player is equal to 5 crunches owed. So if I buy those 25 crunches, I have to do 125 whether I end up winning with them or not.

So lets quick do a practice auction with these listed so you can get an idea. I will start it off bidding 5 crunches each for exercise videos and hand weights. Ill update here with current bids as we go through it as well. Once you get the hang of it, go ahead and post in your team threads. The auctions will end at 8pm tomorrow night, or once everyone has used all their points (whichever comes first), to give you all time to do your workouts this week

Remember to keep track of what you have! Don’t bid 75 on one thing and 50 on another if you only have 100 crunches or youll have to forfeit one.

I realize this is a little different than the challenges we normally do, but hopefully it will help you to get creative with your workouts and inspire you to try something different than you normally do! When you report this week, make sure you post in your thread what you won (if anything) how many crunches you did to pay for it, and any times you used other items on this list. To get a complete this week you can only use items you didn’t win on two days, and you must complete all th crunches you bet for items you won. If you’re someone whose only exercise is running outside everyday, then I guess you are golden for this week since you don’t need equipment ;)

optional challenge: Complete the "Ghostly gallop" - Tomorrow is halloween and your goal is to complete a 5k (3.1 miles) You can do this walking, jogging, skipping, etc. You might even get it just walking the kiddos around trick or treating! Let us know what you did, how you felt, and especially if you were in costume or not. If you complete it your reward is a piece of halloween candy of your choice

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Options
    I'm going to start the bidding for GYM CLASS at 10 cruches!
  • Neisha2014
    Neisha2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    gym class 20 cruchecs
    Elliptical 20 crunches
  • jamiegephart
    Options
    Elliptical 25 crunches
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Gym Class 40 crunches
  • MelissaTay30
    Options
    treadmill 100 crunches
  • Neisha2014
    Neisha2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gym class 70 crunches
  • 77chantelle
    77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hand weights 10 crunches
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    It looks like
    Jamiegephart elliptical 25 crunches
    Neisha 2014 70 crunches gym class
    77chantelle free weights 10 crunches
    Melissatay30 100 crunches ( i guess i will run outsiide:sad: )
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    Heaalth1971 bid 100 crunches for bike, what time do you allwant bid to end?6 pm tonight?
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    Post on this thread for bids
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I collected all bids from both threads and this is what I came up with. We are already half way through the week so I vote bidding is over and we get out there and burn some calories!!!

MelissaTay30~ treadmill 100
    77chantelle~ lower body weight machine 5
    hand weights 10
    Tamievice155~ Workout video (I'm assuming your hip hop abs is a video) 100
    health1971 ~ Stationary bike 100
    Aprilstar480~ gym class 100
    jamiegephart~ Elliptical 25
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    So good thanks!
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    Team red, post here for the second half of the challenge. What you won. How many crunches you did. If you used some equipment that you didnt win ( you can do this only for two days). Also post if you were creative and didnt use any equipment what you did instead. Please post by noon tuesday so i can put it on spread sheet. Weight is do today you can pm me it or just put it on spreadsheet.thx!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Wow, this week went by fast!!! I only got in one good workout this week. I went to my class at the gym (Club Dance) on Halloween. I also ran on the treadmill that day and walked with my kids for 2 hours while they trick or treated. I'm going the Club Dance again tonight and will most likely use a treadmill or something again today. Oh, I also went on a walk Saturday... about 45 minutes. This was a really off week for me. My weight this morning is 165.2. I don't really think its very accurate though. I haven't drank nearly enough water in the last few days. Not sure what the problem was but I'm ready to step it up this week!
  • health1971
    Options
    Hello ladies :smile: ,

The week was awesome for me as I was on the last stages of my training for my 5k Diva run on the 3rd of November as well as my mum's birthday on the same day :flowerforyou: ... I was able to use my stationary bike and as much as I don't really care for it because it's kind of boring on the flip side I didn't get run-over by a car :drinker: ... In Miami, there are a whole lot of crazy drivers, especially in the morning :sad: ...

Here is how it went for me with this weeks challenge :wink: :

I won the Stationary Bike *YAY* and I did my 100 crunches for it :love: ...

Usage of equipment I didn't win and only used for 2 days: Lower Body Machine and Hand Weights
    Leg Extension 3 sets - 15 rep - 20lbs.
    Bicep Curls 3 sets - 15 rep - 10lbs
    I lost 1lbs :bigsmile: ...

Also, I thought I would share this with you guys... My 5K Diva Run was awesome and I did my run in 41.21 and I was never a runner, much less a distance runner and with only 6 weeks of training I think I did pretty well for myself *YAY ME* :blushing: ... Anyway, I met Ali Vincent Biggest Loser's first female winner who so happens to be their official Divas Spokeswoman... She was awesome, very kind, and lovely, we spoke for about 10 minutes... I told her all about how we all follow the show and our weekly challenge, what a bunch of bad @$$es we all are and took lots of pics, which I will hopefully soon learn to upload then so you all can see... Like I said, she was very lovely and supportive and proud of what we are doing:smile: ...

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou: ...
  • MelissaTay30
    Options
    Good Morning Red Team! This week was a challenge for me. I won the treadmill for 100 crunches. I did my crunches on Friday but did not use my treadmill at all this week. In fact the only exercise I did was my crunches. The week got away from me with a stressfull week at work, helping out at the kids school and trying to get caught up with my college work. I am excited to start a new week and hope this week can be be better.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Congrats on the 5k!!! I love races! Its not so much about coming in first for me but just completing them and beating my own time feels so amazing. That's very cool that you met Ali and was able to speak to her. If you download the pics to photobucket.com and copy the image code, you can post the pics here. Just change the IMG in the link to lowercase img (anything before and after those brackets can be deleted but its not necessary).
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    Melissatay, we all have been there and done that. Thank Goodness for new weeks to start over and get back on track. Health1971, way to go on your run and meeting ali, have you ever tried a spin class they can be fun to cross train with your running. Keep it up I am not a runner either but I try. Aprilstar, club dance sounds like fun, what is it like? Keep it up.

I did a lot of crunches yesterday, too many to count I think I had to do 35, for my free weights and lowerbody leg machine(which I didn't do)

wed I taught a kickbox class (job)
    Thursday taught circuit weight class (job)
    Friday taught aqua(job)
    Saturday ran on treadmill 4 miles and 20 min on stair climber
    Sunday rest day
    Monday Ran outside(which I struggle with) 50 min and used my free weights( abs chest tricep shoulders)
    Tuesday taught spin class (job) ran 2 miles on treadmill and used my free weights(back bicep legs)

Please post soon so you can get your points. Good Job this week, I have been getting back on track TIP: During the colder months keep warm, when you get chilled you crave fat. Keep strong RED Team.
  • jamiegephart
    Options
    I did my crunches but didn't use the elliptical. However, I DID do my first 5k ever! It was awesome! I walked/jogged all week to get ready and did it on Saturday and was SO sore so took it easy Sunday and did no work out and Monday just did a walk/jog for 30 min.