Alcoholic Beverage Ideas - All Holidays

Options
joyincincy
joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
The best part of the holidays- right? Well, some are really, really good but really, really high in calories (anyone who ever had a White Russian knows what I am talking about) and, "yes," we all can have a day or two to just indulge but not everyone wants to go 1000+ over their calorie allotment, so lets find some better alternatives this season. Don't forget to talk about your favorite beers, whiskeys, anything really and make sure to include some actual numbers per serving info so that everyone has a good idea of what they are looking at serving or drinking for that evening without having to do lots of homework on it.

Cheers! :drinker:

Replies

• _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My siblings and I love making this cinnamon caramel apple drink. I don't really know how much we use as we just do it to taste, but we do:

Simply Apple juice (6oz?)
    Fireball Whiskey (1 shot?)
    Smirnoff Caramel (1 shot?)

It's not low cal at all as you're looking at around 300 cals with those measurements.

The other one we like to do is, of course, hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps. Another that is to taste but I'm guessing 1 cup worth of hot chocolate mixed as directed and maybe 1/2 a shot of pepermint schnapps. That there is probably around 200?
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A couple others:

Sweet tart drink (again, we do to taste, so I'm guessing):

8 oz orange soda
    1T grape koolaide (the powder mixed with sugar)
    1T cherry koolaide (the powder mixed with sugar)
    1-2 shots vodka

If you use Zevia soda you're probably looking at 300-400 cals?

We also like to do a root beer float:

8oz root beer
    1 shot whipped or cake vodka

Again with Zevia, you'd just have about 100 cals for the vodka.

And for a more tropical one:

8 oz fruit punch
    1 shot coconut vodka

About 250 cals?
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    A new tip I picked up at my first WW meeting is to do Crystal Light packets, mixed with water and then add shots of your favorite alcohol.
    What I found to be AWESOME is that Crystal Light makes booze-flavored mix-ins now. I've found margarita, mojito and apple-tini. So using those gives you the flavor you want minus the calories. Not exactly "holiday" only, but something interesting.
    For example, I've been doing 3oz vodka (207 calories) and 1 full packet of the Crystal Light (only tried cherry pomegranate, but definitely going to try the others!) (5 ish calories). And there you've got a drink with a lot less cals and the flavors you crave! Hopefully they'll do some other flavors here soon too :]