Hi!! ????

Options
Hey guys. I really want this group to work out and support each other. My goal is to post at least once a week. You can ALWAYS message me if you need some encouragement or anything. You can message me anytime day or night, and I promise I will answer you as soon as I can. This post is about my diet and exercise plan, I want your influence and advice. You know to say like if it's going to work or how to better it etc. I also want you guys to post your own routines so I can help you and I'm sure others will too. Anyway I want you post own routine and questions when you comment on this post. We CAN reach our goals if we do this TOGETHER!! My goal is to lose 20-30 lbs by Christmas. (Fingers crossed) I will send you a link to my routine below.
My routine: http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn-/4h/
I plan to do 1 and a half hours a day (570 calls burned) but I WILL do at least 30 mins a day (190 calls burned). It should work out better because I will be dieting too. I just plan on following the diet on here. So please follow my example and post your routines and questions after. Thanks loves. ????

Replies

• gautamgiri3304
    Options
    loosing 15 pounds till christmas is good idea but loosing 30 pounds by christmas is way to much.. Pls go slow or u will get loose skin and can even gain the weight back.. Thats how our body is designed if u loose a lot of weight very soon body metabolism goes high u becomes weak your head will spin when u sit for long and then stand u will be lethargic.. Go slow and whatever u loose will be permanent..
  • tq316
    tq316 Posts: 14
    Options
    Okay. (: Thanks for the advice. You should also post your diet and exercise routine so that I or others in the group could help. ????
  • PINKSPARKLE1965INPARADISE
    Options
    My goals 1st is to fix my issue s 1 it's been 3 day's no binges.. 2 follow my Dr treatment plan take my medication daily 3 exercise everyday doing some kind of movement 4 remember daily I'm important too I need to look out for warning signs of any unhealthy behavior coming on
  • tq316
    Options
    Those sound like great goals!!! ???? I'm here, rooting you on!!! ???? Best of luck to you!!! Remember you can message me anytime if you are having trouble. ????
  • Jettisson
    Jettisson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to eat clean and exercise everyday. I have a dinner coming up in November (22nd to be precise) that I would like to look really nice for, and after that, I have Christmas to work for. I admit that sometimes I may not be the most "committed", but I am more that prepared to work my butt off (and I mean it literally) for the dinner. The only problem is, I hate weighing myself, and I am hoping to see the changes in my measurements rather than on the scale... At least that is the excuse I am giving myself. :wink:

And PinkSparkle19 I think that your goals are amazing! I am seriously hoping that you achieve them, because they are so well founded!
    Erin, I think your work-out plan is a fabulous idea (and super fun too). I noticed that your food diary is locked so I can't comment on your eating habits. But your exercising habits are incredible and you a doing a bang on job so far! :drinker:
  • gautamgiri3304
    Options
    Okay. (: Thanks for the advice. You should also post your diet and exercise routine so that I or others in the group could help. ????

i am not a expert kind of person so maybe u ppl can find out a lot of mistake in my diet and exercise routine..
    Morning when i get up i ran for 5kms in 30 mins
    Then i eat breakfast which is basically 4pcs of chicken nuggets egg and maggi(2mins noodle)
    lunch and dinner are never fix always different mostly outside hate home cook food
    I do gym for 90 mins
    Then before bed i do run 5kms..

Shortly no diet plan i run for 10kms daily and do 90 mins gym.. Thats all.. But one thing i m sure about is i never let the loose weight come back.. :)
  • clbooker76
    clbooker76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 1... It's been WAAAY harder than I wanted it to be! I work at a church and had to pick up 21 dozen donuts for this morning. My car still smells like donuts... my weakness! Then, my family wanted to do something for our neighbors... just because. We made cookies and brownies. I'm soooo proud of myself! I didn't eat any batter, cookie dough, brownies or cookies!! GO ME!
    1. My dietary fixes... no sugar, no caffeine, no fried foods. I've done this once before, for 2 weeks, and lost 10 lbs.
    2. To stay within my daily calorie goal.
    3. I also joined two other groups: one is 15000 squats in 30 days to begin on November 1st, but I started tonight. And the other to get in 10,000 steps every day.
    4. Gonna have to challenge my daughter to a "Just Dance" challenge! :smile:
  • RissaG21
    Options
    Right now my goal is to lose 4lbs by Nov. 19th, when I go back to my doctor. I want to lose 70lbs by next August for my birthday. Its so hard for me with eating, because I do a lot of baking for my family and friends and I also want to to eat it, but now having a sample is just the same. I do have candy around my apartment, but I hide it so its out of site out of mind. My exercise program right now is just walking. I dont have a car at the moment, so I walk everywhere.
  • tq316
    Options
    All your plans and goals sound reasonable and healthy. ???? I don't know how to unlock my food diary, so if anyone knows how to please message me or comment below. As you can tell I'm totally open about my diet and exercise plans. I'm basically open about my whole life. Lol. Anyway I'm sooo proud and happy that you guys are taking this seriously!!! ???? Thank you guys. (: I know that this group is going to make their goals!!! Here's to doing this TOGETHER!!! ????
  • PINKSPARKLE1965INPARADISE
    Options
    Thanks
  • tq316
    Options
    Thanks for helping me unlock my food diary. Now please comment on my diet habits. ????
  • Txsteach
    Txsteach Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can I make a suggestion? Try to think of it as healthy choices, or healthy eating plan...we have to make the right choices forever if we are going to stay active and be healthy, right? Diet sounds like something you do for a while, like a fad, and then quit...think long-term lifestyle.....not just till Christmas...
  • Txsteach
    Txsteach Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Do you know what usually triggers your binges?
  • tq316
    Options
    @Txsteach No, that's my diet for hopefully my whole life, after losing the weight, to stay healthy and to keep the weight off. Christmas is just my goal. When I lose the weight I'm not going to go into my old habits before I lost the weight. I can promise you that. Thanks for worrying. ????

Anyway my NEW exercise plans are to do 2 hours of Just Dance for two days, then 1 hour of Just Dance, then a rest day, then 1 hour of Just Dance, and then back to 2 hours of Just Dance for two days, then repeat. ???? Hopefully that will be better because I can't just do nothing for like 5 months then jump right into exercising for two hours. My doctor and Mother says it's unhealthy. I really appreciate their input, just like I appreciate yours. ???? Please tell me if that will help me when I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I can't push myself too hard, because I can really hurt myself. So please guys tell me what you think. Thanks. ????
  • gautamgiri3304
    Options
    @Txsteach No, that's my diet for hopefully my whole life, after losing the weight, to stay healthy and to keep the weight off. Christmas is just my goal. When I lose the weight I'm not going to go into my old habits before I lost the weight. I can promise you that. Thanks for worrying. ????

Anyway my NEW exercise plans are to do 2 hours of Just Dance for two days, then 1 hour of Just Dance, then a rest day, then 1 hour of Just Dance, and then back to 2 hours of Just Dance for two days, then repeat. ???? Hopefully that will be better because I can't just do nothing for like 5 months then jump right into exercising for two hours. My doctor and Mother says it's unhealthy. I really appreciate their input, just like I appreciate yours. ???? Please tell me if that will help me when I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I can't push myself too hard, because I can really hurt myself. So please guys tell me what you think. Thanks. ????

I think that u should push a little because our body is a lazy thing and u may not know what ur potential is but never push your body to the level that u hurt yourself everyone has different body and u and only u can know whats enough for u.. But dont punish yourself with eating less eat minimum of 1200 calorie per day and exercise for 300 to 400 calorie then ur body needs minimum 1500 calorie for its daily work so even if u go this slow u burn around one pound a week so four pounds a month.. U can loose 24 pounds in 6 months and if u go this slow ur weight loss will be permanent but u loose to fast by starving yourself and also by working out a lot u may get those weight back once u stop working out and once u start eating.. U cant always leave without eating those stuff u love so, my advice will be go slow. Even if go half at this rate and loose 24 pounds in a year its better then loosing getting it back and again loosing and so on and on and on.. Just a advice u do what u think is best for u everyone has different goal and different body if christmas is your goal then so be it.. By the way u dance for hours u may have awesome moves but i will burn more calories if i dance as i dont have any moves i just jump and keep on jumping ..:noway:
  • gautamgiri3304
    Options
    And about your exercise plan if dance for 2hours 2 days then 1 hour one day then rest then one hour then two hours so in seven days u would dance for 8 hours so why not daily dance for one hour only one hour difference in a week and what actually will happen this way is u will feel it little easy to do it daily and u wont give up u will be motivated but if dance for 2 hours then one hour then a rest day in such scenario u will feel very lazy in those days when u have to do 2 hours of dance.. On more thing in a week or so u will feel as if u can easily dance for a hour then u may increase 15 mins and so on u can keep adding u can take a rest day maybe on sunday or as u wish but think dont strain yourself a lot as it may have huge impact on your knees and as u said u feel as if u will faint u may actually faint and if u faint dancing and broke any of your bone u may have to stop working out for a month that will be a huge loss.. Think about it.. (Pls pardon me for spellings and english)
  • tq316
    Options
    It's okay about the spelling and English. ???? Thanks you really do give good advice. But you have to remember I'm tiny, I'm only 4'9. So a lot of exercise really does hurt my body, believe me I found out the hard way. I also have this disorder called fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is basically that your body ALWAYS hurts, sometimes in different spots but it's mostly ALL over my body. It really affects the joints so I can't jump a lot. It's like three times as hard to do things that you (normal people lol) can do easily. This disorder also makes it hard to eat to a lot. I also get full easily, and I don't think I can go lower than 1,200 calories on this site. So mostly the symptoms of fibromyalgia is pain all over and fatigue, I get tired over the littlest of things. It's like my body can't handle it. I'm ALWAYS in some kind of pain, except it's better when I'm asleep. Sleeping was my old coping technique, but now it's not. Anyway I hope you don't think these are excuses because they are not. I mean the old Erin would've used them for excuses not to exercise, but the new Erin is going to push through the pain and now knows what she can handle. ???? Thanks for the advice again. I really appreciate it!!!????
  • gautamgiri3304
    Options
    i know u r not making any excuse for few ppl it comes harder way but they are really champion.. Best of luck
  • tq316
    Options
    Thanks. ???? Best of luck to you too. ????
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the group!

I lost my weight in 1987 as a freshman in high school and I danced every day after school and cut my portions. I didn't calorie count, we didn't have internet "back then" lol. I just cut my portions, shrunk my stomach the natural way by eating less, and exercised an hour per day. It took me 9 months to lose 70lbs. I kept it off till 1996 and a failed pregnancy, where I gained 40lbs back. I had stopped exercising after I lost my weight the first time, so the first thing I did was order something called the Fitness Flyer off an infomercial to work out before I went to work (I worked at a bank at the time, in Atco, TQ) and I have not stopped exercising since!

If you lose weight too quickly and don't add in weight lifting, a few things will happen:
    1. The weight WILL bounce right back on.
    2. You will end up with loose skin like I did and still look awful in a bathing suit
    3. You're young...your metabolism is on your side right now, but won't always BE on your side. 15 years of being a cardio addict caught up with me, and at 39 years old I discovered weight lifting. I look better now than I did when I was 15 lol. And, I bet I eat more than any other female in this group, as a 41 yr old former obese kid, and I maintain my 135lbs (I'm 5'7).

Also, don't think "diet", like someone had mentioned above. Think "eating plan". No deprivation here! I eat well about 85% of the time and eat not so well about 15% of the time. And that has worked for me for a long time. I no longer have food issues. Food is fuel, not a crutch, not for pleasure (although it should taste good to me lol). When I'm choosing what to eat, I ask myself "how will that FUEL me? Will it feed my muscles? Give me energy? Make me feel like crap tomorrow?" that's how I decide what and how much to eat, for the most part!