Samhain goodies..

Options
321newme
321newme Posts: 15 Member
I was thinking about the ritual/celebrations coming in the very near future.... lots of very tempting treats and very good foods...like my moms short bread and her samhain drink she makes...uuuggghhh. anyone else dreading the temptations?

Replies

• satikat
    satikat Posts: 35
    Options
    Embrace the tasty treats! Work them into your diet instead of working against them. Ask yourself if you want to never have a seasonal treat again or if you want to enjoy it guilt free. I'm not advocating eating a dozen cookies in one sitting, but having a sweet treat is not the end of the world.
  • TripleRadiance275
    TripleRadiance275 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I broke my sugar addiction pretty solidly and have started making my own Paleo treats for special occasions. I'm not worried although last year at this time I sure was.
  • 321newme
    321newme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input ladies!!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that what is eaten in Circle, stays in Circle.... but it's a bit hard to justify that third bread cake at around 300 cals per cake! :laugh:

Ritual food is important, and guilty feelings are definitely counter productive. So moderation and move on is my philosophy.
  • camilleme73
    camilleme73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will not worry about the holiday treats I have because I've decided to add a lil extra exercise for the entire week prior to each holiday. That way I'll have no guilt interfering with the good energy of the day!!! :)
  • CharbyOttawa
    CharbyOttawa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Samhain / Fog Moon to everyone.