Friends and Motivation

Options
Hi Everyone,
I started MFP somewhere around Feb of this year. Everything was going great and then family issues came up and I let that interfere with my progress. I have since started logging back and have added a couple friends. I am noticing that it gives me extra motivation. Some days are hard and some aren't. My wife and I been together 5 years, and while we both gained weight (me more than her), hers seems like its just falling off..lol. I want to get back to the shape I was in when we met. I also have a 13 year old son, who I always tell you have to work hard to get what you want. It's time to practice what I preach! I surely didn't gain 60ish pounds overnight, so I shouldn't expect to lose it overnight. To lose the weight I want, I know it's going to be hard work, but I can do it! And so can all of you. If you want anymore friends on here, add me:)

Replies

• tmariethomas5
    Options
    I agree with the need for friends. My partner is a trainer, but it isn't the same - she is super fit and I need someone else to be grunting and groaning during the exercise sessions we have. Terri, love of my life, did start a boot camp for me, my SIL, and a couple of friends. Usually there are 3 of us and that feels much better than doing it alone or 1:1. It is motivating to holler at each other "Go Girl!" and makes the hour go by sooo much faster. I would love to learn to exercise, but I am not there yet. Boot Camp feels like play! (although don't tell Terri or she'll bark out "99 more!").
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I am the same way- I do much better with friends to help motivate and support each other, share ideas and commiserate, lol! My partner is on here as well but she isn't so much involved in the social aspect of MFP. Anyone else looking for friends feel free to send me a request as well. I've got a long road ahead with 116 more lbs to lose :)
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I hear ya about the gf being a trainer thing. Mine is super fit, nice and muscular and the person who want to always look like. She's my goal. I've reached many fitness goals but now I want to have her body. Tough goal. Haha. I'm happy to have more friends here and anywhere. I'm not the best on here though. Haven't figured the best way to connect up with folks. FB I'm great on though. Anyway, look forward to connecting up if we haven't already.
  • tmariethomas5
    Options
    We did tabata high intensity intervals today. OMG! But better than trick or treating and candy eating (repeat until believed :noway: ).
    It was great fun, and the more intense the work out, the higher the calorie burn on a per minute basis. We were at about 10 cal/min - and apparently that was supposed to be easy!
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've never done tabata, I'd have to google it actually! Glad you had fun though and much better than candy from Halloween. We have so much of it going around the office. Must avoid! I love chocolate but I am really good at stopping myself from all the garbage so that is good.

So I got a fitbit, so did my lovely lady. They are so much fun. Do any of you have that little gadget? It is so cool.

Well, back to work for me for another half hour.

Later,
    Jo
  • tmariethomas5
    Options
    Another tabata night! we had 6 gals huffing and puffing, including our 8 year old. Great fun! I am disappointed on my weight-loss - less than half a pound. I am hoping part of it is water - I think I drank about 12 cups before exercise. I know I need to be more diligent on the non-boot camp nights, but I have been so tired from work. :yawn:
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi