Options
lwoodroff
lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
I'm sure some people have some!

Replies

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I do, I can't remember my October ones. But, as I have stupidly signed up for a mud run (obstacle course called Call of the Beast) that takes place on the 30th of this month, I figure it will be a good idea to get fit enough to remain alive til the end of it. So, I will do my 30 second interval jogs when I walk the dog twice a week. I'll increase from 8 jogs to 12 and the hill staggers from 4 to 8. OMG, just writing it makes me want to die. And I will do the SLs program at least twice a week, including the accessories I've added of push-ups (I'd like to be able to do them the traditional way by the end of the month - currently I'm pushing up from the bed base) and pull-ups (well, progressions. I think this is a very very very long term goal. I am nowhere near doing a bodyweight pull-up!). That'll do...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    -Learn how to do power cleans
    -Complete the C25k
    -Continue to do my thing in the weight room

There may be others. I just started a new program and it's difficult to imagine what to shoot for. I may update as I make a little progress.
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    100kg deadlift! Or more...
    45kg snatch
    80kg squat.

Keep up 15 miles a week.

Drink a bit less beer.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    - not to eat my weight in chocolate or ice cream
    -up my bench press to 50lbs
    -up my rows to 40lbs
    -up my overhead press to 20 pds
    -do 5 push-ups.

I'm aware all my weights are very small, but I'm super weak so this has been a very slow progression for me. :)
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Increase my bench by 15 lbs
    Increase my deadlift to 1.5xBW
    Finish my Thanksgiving 5k faster than my 5k from October
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    - not to eat my weight in chocolate or ice cream

OMG Erin! YES! This is my biggest obstacle.
    To do SL twice a week and add in one day of interval running. To drop 3 of the 6 pounds I gained last month from stress eating.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Today was my first SL session, so my goal in November is just to stick with it!

Please feel free to add me as a friend - I'm looking for all of the support I can get!
  • AJCROWE78
    AJCROWE78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished stage one of NROL4W and instead of doing stage two I am going to try strong lifts. Mainly due to the moves being simple and the program is uncomplicated! Starting this afternoon
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well, I already failed #1 so far in November, so starting NOW...

1. eat exactly what i preplan each day - even on weekends (unless I am actually so hungry i'm being mean to my body by not feeding it more)
    2. continue to lift 2 - 3 times a week
    3. figure out how to fit in a 3rd run each week
  • puppy_amor
    puppy_amor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have just started stronglifts again from the beginning so..

1. continue to lift 3x per week and improve my form
    2. do not overdo cardio and give my body enough rest
    3. eat a reasonable deficit - don't binge on sweets
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have just started stronglifts again from the beginning so..

1. continue to lift 3x per week and improve my form
    2. do not overdo cardio and give my body enough rest
    3. eat a reasonable deficit - don't binge on sweets

This is pretty much me. Starting over after a spring and summer and fall running season prepping for a 10K where I gained back half of my inches and half of my weight. So, hopefully to do strength training in the winter and start in January ahead of where I was last year. To start over from the same place seems so discouraging!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My bloody knees have stopped me from running my 30sec jogs this week. They do my head in! And this week I've had 2 PT sessions (to make up for missing one last week) so only 1SL session. Having a new toy - a Stand up paddle - also makes lifting a bit less enticing. I just want to break the thing in! Well, summer is about water play, so I'll just try to get my balance sorted...
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I have five weeks on the program now, and I intend to continue.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Get through this month of PT.
    Continue to progress quickly on back squat.
    Continue to progress in any way on OHP and bench.
    Get my deadlifts in gear.
    Get my eating in line with my activity.
    Hop on the daily cardio train until I drop the ten pounds I gained from not being able to exercise and also from eating like a lumberjack.
    :bigsmile: