Major Food Aversion

Options
qhiggins86
qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
I've noticed there are a couple posts about constant hunger and food cravings... Am I the only one going through serious food aversions? I'm 10 weeks along and this has been happening since about week 4. It's not any food in particular. Most strong smelling food makes me gag, but food in general seems so unappetizing. I literally have to force myself to eat and the last few bites of anything are the worst... even if the food tastes good! :sick:

Just wondering if I'm alone. I really hope this ends after the first trimester like I've been reading. I've never hated food in my life!

Replies

• OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    yeah a few of us have posted in those other topics of our food aversions.

I can't drink coffee nor stand the smell of it even though I've been drinking coffee since HS. :cry: and everyone one around me is always drinking the stuff so I have suck it up and try not to get too queasy by the smell.

I get grossed out by the thought of chicken breasts or chicken breast sandwiches and certain food smells make me gag....so does bad BO.

Yep...it's getting better though. I'm on my 13th week and it seems to be getting slightly better each day. They say it usually goes away around the 14th week.

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I swear the whole first trimester I couldn't stand the smell of eggs or chicken (which were major staples in my diet) or raw meat in general. This all coincided with my exhaustion. I swear one day in week 13, it was like someone threw a switch and I had tons of energy and wanted to eat EVERYTHING!!! And well, that is what really brought me back to MFP. I need to get this "everything" back under control before my good habits are harder to reestablish.

The smells will hopefully get better with your second trimester.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I didn't really have many aversions this time, but I did with my 1st pregnancy. I ate my normal amount of calories this time, though more carbs than usual. I started getting really hungry in week 12. Upping my calories by 200 (changed to gain 1/2lb in my settings) helped a lot with that. I find some days I am starving and go over and some days I am under. It evens out.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Since finding out we were pregnant in August me and my husband have been in full swing of canning our garden. The smell of cooking tomatoes, carrots, and green beans were enough to send me over the edge. Bless my husband that he did most of the canning himself this year. I worked on apples which I could stand the smell of. And also cutting up vegetables that were going to be frozen.

All we have left is beets and carrots, so I am hoping that the it goes well. I have been feeling better in generally now, but I am so ready to be done with canning!

Other smells were coffee and cooking meat. My husband is also a big griller and the smell of the smoke from the grill and off his clothes was horrible. It also made the meat stink which made it difficult to eat.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My husband is also a big griller and the smell of the smoke from the grill and off his clothes was horrible. It also made the meat stink which made it difficult to eat.

Hahaha you and I are too much alike on our symptoms. I too can't stand the smell of smoke. :cry: My FIL just installed a fire place in our house and smell of smoke from the chimney creeps up to our upstairs bedroom if we leave our windows open. It used to be one of my favorite smells!