New to the group not to PCOS

Options
Hello my name is Melissa I am 26 and was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago this month. DH and I have been TTC since before we got married as we knew that it was going to be an issue. We have been married for 4 almost 5 years.

I have recently in the last 6 months decided that losing weight and getting this PCOS under control IS A MUST! I can go MONTHS up to 9 without AF. I have started taking Vitex 800 mlg with my Metformin of 2000 nlg. I have also been doing low carb higher protein type of diet to help with the PCOS. I also take B complex and D 5000 IUDs every day. I also have been using progesterone cream in the last week to see if this will help bring on AF and ovulation.

I am 6'1 and now weigh 308.2. My goal is to be down 50 pounds by Christmas! I am hoping I can do it!!! If I work out and dedication I think I can do it!

I am trying to eat more veggies...I love them...just don’t eat a lot of them.

If you would like a friend to help with the struggles of losing weight, PCOS or TTC add me! :)

If you would like a friend to help with the struggles of losing weight, PCOS or TTC add me! :)

Replies

• ladypetrus
    Options
    Hey Melissa, and welcome!

Good luck on your weight loss. I am all too familiar with the pain of infertility myself. I'll add you!
  • losingit11111
    losingit11111 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Melissa! So glad I found you :) I just joined MFP and this group. My name is Salina, I am 35 and I have insulin resistant PCOS and I am also type 2 diabetic. I have been TTC for a year. I started Metformin last month, 1000 mg.

I started dieting, for real, last month when my obgyn said that my glucose tests were abnormal and she was fairly certain I had T2 diabetes. However, I slip into this crazy mind set during the TWW (two week wait) that if I exercise I could disrupt implantation. It's crazy, I know, but I do it every time. Maybe it's just a subconscious excuse? Who knows!

Thanks for listening to my ramblings....hopefully we can motivate each other and get our BFP's in the near future!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I started dieting, for real, last month when my obgyn said that my glucose tests were abnormal and she was fairly certain I had T2 diabetes. However, I slip into this crazy mind set during the TWW (two week wait) that if I exercise I could disrupt implantation. It's crazy, I know, but I do it every time. Maybe it's just a subconscious excuse? Who knows!

i always felt the opposite, i figured the moving around with the exercise would help the little guys get to where they needed to be easier.

but that theory didnt work either LOL

i am also insulin resistant PCOS, but gave up trying because the heart break every month wasnt worth it anymore. It was affecting my self esteem and my will to live. So trying to be happy with the one teenager i have....
  • missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello Salina, nice to meet you! PCOS is something I was happy and sad to find out I had it! On one hand it explains everything that goes on with me...weight gain, chin hair, darkening skin on my thighs and underarms, and periods that like to stay away forever, and lack of getting pregnant, the other hand Not getting pregnant, not Ovulating, hard to lose weight, and having to pluck the DANG chin hair!

I can say I have only OVULATED ONCE :( the whole time DH and I have been TTC (that I know of). I would take my temps for 6-7 weeks and they would be ALL over the place Up one day low the next and I wouldn’t ever have HIGH temps. DH and I would DTD every other day to see if we got it....but that wasn't fun for us, and I would get over it. So then at day 68 of temping I called it a fail, and waiting till AF would come...sometimes months, or few weeks later.

I started taking Vitex in Aug 7th and I have had 2 periods since then. I think I have another one coming...I am making sure the spotting I saw was something more than just DH and I (TMI) dtd problems.

I was told by my doctor, that if I don't take care of my insulin problems now with the PCOS I will most likely get Type II Diabetes. So I think this is something that made me think I needed to get my butt in gear. Plus I need to get healthy so DH and I can start a family.
    I also found out when I went to my RE that I have a tube that is closed!

Alliwan- I understand the pain, what kind of dieting do you ladies do to help with the insulin resistance? I have been doing low Carb high protein and veggies.
  • losingit11111
    Options
    I also am doing low carb/high protein. I am finding it hard to get enough calories without adding carbs or sugar??? Have you experienced that?

So sorry for your extreme PCOS period symptoms :( I, luckily, have a period every month. My temps are also erratic, but I can still see a shift. I think mine are erratic because of my super sexy mouth breathing/snoring at night :)

Would love to keep each other motivated on here! Are you on any fertility web sites? I belong to fertilityfriend.com
  • Alliwan
    Options
    Alliwan- I understand the pain, what kind of dieting do you ladies do to help with the insulin resistance? I have been doing low Carb high protein and veggies.

trying to do a LCHF diet, its rough as protien/meat is more expensive and my family are carb cravers, but i try. Somedays are better than others, and most of the carbs i get are from fruit/veggies/etc. Rarely do i eat bread or pasta, few potatos, etc
  • losingit11111
    Options
    Hey girls- going to the endo tomorrow to see if my high glucose levels is indeed type 2 diabetes or not. Wish me luck!!!
  • losingit11111
    Options
    Wooooo Hoooooooooooooooo! No diabetes! I am however insulin resistant and glucose intolerant so now is the time to get my s*I# together!
  • Alliwan
    Options
    Wooooo Hoooooooooooooooo! No diabetes! I am however insulin resistant and glucose intolerant so now is the time to get my s*I# together!

woot! no diabetes! nice to hear! just gotta change up the eating habits with the insulin reistance and the glucose intolerance. But taht's so much less of an issue than diabetes, so that's very good news.
  • missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    Options
    Wooohooo Salina I just saw this! That is awesome that you aren't type II diabetic! That's awesome news! Now time to kick PCOS *kitten*!
  • mrswince
    Options
    Hi Melissa, I have just joined this group having read your post. I too have the dreaded pcos and ttc. Also underactive thyroid and a defective gene (MC4-r) which no body has ever heard of lol. It basically makes it super difficult to lose weight. Tie that in with the pcos and its not the best recipe! Anyway, I have been trying to lose weight for years. I did manage to lose 6.5 stone 10 years ago but sadly it all went back on plus a few extra pounds! However this year I decided I have to beat this thing, I rejoined the gym and have recently started a low GI diet. Also started on metformin; although I am not insulin resistant and my glucose leves are great I asked my GP if I could try it as I had not lost any weight and had been going to the gym for 3 months! I have always eaten healthily as I was aware from an early age that it was going to be difficult to lose weight.
    So if you want to swap recipe ideas or just general support ad me. Good Luck :)
  • Melitodaffodil
    Options
    Hi I am Kate,I was diagnosed as having pcos about 6 months ago,but have had the
    Symptoms since I first got my period when I was about 12.i was put on a progesterone
    Cream to try to get my extremely low progesterone levels up,so far not working,just
    Recently upped my dose of the cream,it has helped with me getting regular periods
    Which I've never previously had before so it's nice to know when my period will start,
    Rather than waiting and hoping:).I've been trying to lose the weight for years,been more
    Successful this past year,joined a new gym,got a great personal trainer that pushes me hard and is supportive of me
    But the weight is extremely hard to shift it at the same time,I have been battling severe depression
    For about 2 years now,my doctor thinks that it's linked to my pcos:(
    Looking to find people that understand what Its like living with pcos as my friends
    Don't know what I'm talking about and don't really understand what it's like
    Please feel free to add me,Kate:)