is anyone starting a juice fast anytime soon...

Options
I saw the documentary with joe and its truly inspiring. Im wanting to start tomorrow..anyone interested in doing it
together so we can keep each other motivated and share our progress...would love to
Find people out there..

Replies

• somyam
    somyam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Christinaah

Certainly looking to start.. what say tomorrow? I defi need encouragement to stay on track over the weekends.. My goal is to lose 15lbs
  • christinaahs2002
    christinaahs2002 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi somyam...im so glad i got a response...yes we can start tomorrow. Need to lose about the
    Same amount as you...looking forward to tomorrow...how should we do this..
    Share our current weight tomorrow morning and then check in weekly? Would love ti hear
    Your imput!
  • DeterminedinCA
    Options
    Hi Christina - I started the 15 day reboot on Tuesday. I am following the 15 day plan on the Joe Cross reboot web site. So far so good. I need to lose about 60 lbs all together. I may extend the fast to 30 days, we will see how it goes.

Would love to follow along with you guys if I can -
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting Monday...have you been to the site www.rebootwithjoe.com? It gives you EVERYTHING you need to be successful!!
  • BluesMnM
    BluesMnM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm just waiting for my juicer to arrive and I will be starting a 60 day reboot then transitioning to a plant based diet.
  • Rav3n1022
    Rav3n1022 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about starting a 3 day cleanse this weekend. I am completely new to this and have never done it before. If anyone has the extra time I wouldnt mind a private message or 2 about your expiriences to help me with mine :)

Brittany
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Brittany,

Anyone who posts here, is probably 'pro-juicing.' So PM's most likely aren't necessary. If you scroll down a thread or two to this one....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1109701-joe-cross

You'll see that Schatze1975 is on day 19 by my accounting of a 100 day juice fast.

If you're not familiar with Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.... Check the web site.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

And watch the movie. If that's not what already brought you here.

Here's what I know about juicing, and my experience.

A little over 6 months ago, I kind of stumbled across the Fat Sick and Nearly Dead video. I then had just enough of a health scare, to cause me to take some action. I just went out and bought a juicer, and a big pile of fruits and vegetables, and started juicing 'em up. I found out very quickly that I didn't like mixing fruit with vegetables.... I really liked the fruit juice, and the vegetable juice, not so much. I also found out that I hated the taste of kale juice and felt it wrecked everything it touched, so I stopped juicing it. I also didn't like mixing fruits too much... save for one apple in my grapefruit juice to sweeten it up a touch... and that was my go-to juice every morning for months. I also found I liked tomato, red pepper, carrot and celery juice, and that was my almost exclusive vegetable juice for months, as well. I'm sort of OCD about things like that... I like something, I stick to it.

So, I only lasted 10 days on straight juice. I started dreaming of salads, and figured, why not? On the juice, my mind felt really good... almost euphoric.... but, I felt a bit weak and wobbly after a while, and kind light headed and stupid. For the 10 days, I juiced about 6 times a day. After that, I juiced about 4 times a day, and ate a great big salad.... which I then started adding black beans, or tuna, and mixed nuts.

After months of that, I've been trying to transition to a mostly plant based diet. I'm not all the way there, yet.... but I'm working on it.

My summation of juicing would be.....

The 10 days was about all I wanted to do.... If I'd really wanted to, I could have done more, but it didn't seem straight juice for any longer was for me.
    Juice and salad was great for a much longer period of time.
    Find what you like in a juice, and stick with it.... try the recipes, but don't try to force yourself to drink something you don't like.
    The point of juicing for me, was to lose weight, and to lose some of the cravings to eat cr@p that I had. Retraining, I guess.....
    I also felt really good, when juicing.
    Alot of people find they like to add juice once or twice a day into their permanent diets.

Oh ya.... drinking straight juice all day is a bit of a commitment. I found I didn't like bottling it, I liked it straight out of the juicer. This means, making juice 6X a day, and cleaning the freakin' juicer 6X a day. I am a lazy sloth, so this did seem like quite a bit of work.

I don't like calling it a juice fast. Or a juice diet. I prefer to call it a 'juice binge.

And I don't see any reason for you not to try straight juice for 3 days. There's no reason why 3 days of juice should hurt you in any way, and you can see how you feel after doing it. IMHO.... it's 3 days of your life, which you might benefit from, and really, there shouldn't be any downside. And if there is... you can join all the naysayers on the regular forum, who love to dis juicing. Except, you'd have 1st hand experience.

Any other questions, just ask. And please let us, or at least me.... know how you make out.

scott
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    Here's a link to someone's MFP blog about doing a 3 day juice 'fast.' Lots of good info, and recipes on it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cheryl529h
  • BluesMnM
    BluesMnM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 1 of 60 :) Feel free to add me to your friend list. We can all support one another...
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to realize that so much of my fatigue, muscle weakness, and joint pain went away when I did my first juice fast in March - I went 34 days...and dropped nearly 60lbs in the process. I felt amazing, had so much more energy, and lost that bloated, icky feeling I've had for nearly two decades...

I had my first juice this morning, loved it, and plan on restarting another juice fast in the next few days. I am finding myself with suck a lack of energy, disturbed sleep patterns, severe joint and muscle pain, and feeling like it's taking all my energy to move off the couch. I'll be looking to join in pretty soon - waiting to hit the grocery store minus the rugrats tomorrow....

Good luck everyone!
  • unemp1oyed
    Options
    Hey guys and gals, I have been trying to start my juice fast for a few days now but my will power is low I could use some help and motivation so feel free to add me.
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    Hey guys and gals, I have been trying to start my juice fast for a few days now but my will power is low I could use some help and motivation so feel free to add me.

Not sure about how to motivate.... but.... If you read some of my previous posts... I did straight juice for 10 days, then juice about 4X / day and a huge salad for a few months after that.... you can check my diary for what I'm doing now..... trying to stay as plant based as possible. I'm down about 35 lbs in about 6 months. I was down the 1st 30 in probably 4 months, but I"m fairly close to goal, so the last ones, come off real slow..... slow like a sloth.
  • biorach
    biorach Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late to this post but I was wondering how you guys are doing with your fasts!?