Level 1 D2 Check In

Options
Hi Guys!

Any screaming yet?

I find myself grunting and moaning through some of the moves....especially the squat and press.

How did everyone do today?

Replies

• Loluka88
    Loluka88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Day 5 here. it's getting easier! I swear it is. Keep it going everyone.
    Hi Guys!

Any screaming yet?

I find myself grunting and moaning through some of the moves....especially the squat and press.

How did everyone do today?

I hear you about the squat and press, I still have some difficulty with it but I've noticed some huge improvements there as well. I'm able to do 20 now (including the small break I take in the middle). Even just yesterday I wasn't able to do that many.
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 immediately after completing a 4 mile slow run. Perhaps not the best plan. I find the side lunges in circuit 3 particularly hard -- used 2 lb. weights today, but still a struggle. My main problem is I have no strength in my mu upper body or abs -- these parts of my body are really sore today!
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 immediately after completing a 4 mile slow run. Perhaps not the best plan. I find the side lunges in circuit 3 particularly hard -- used 2 lb. weights today, but still a struggle. My main problem is I have no strength in my mu upper body or abs -- these parts of my body are really sore today!

I feel your pain! I can do squats till the cows come home...all my strength has historically been in my lower body. Those anterior (shoulder) raises are killer! But, if it is any encouragement, it WILL get better and you WILL get stronger! I've been working on my upper body strength and I can now do "real" push-ups. Also, this workout will REALLY build your core (i.e. abs) strength. Just keep doing the best you can and modify as necessary. :wink:
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

I completed day 2 earlier and I feel GREAT! I have never felt this good after a workout!

My niece came over (she's 7) and somewhat did the shred with me lol. We then went outside and did some cartwheels and jumped rope. THEN, we came inside and played Just Dance 4 on the wii for about 45 minutes. She and I both should definitely sleep good tonight.

Today, there was one point during the shred where I did feel like I was going to die, but I just kept going. For whatever reason the first cardio circuit with jumping jacks and jump rope always kills my legs. My knees end up feeling like they're going to collapse on me. Maybe it will get easier with time!

Keep it up, ladies! We've so got this! ????????????
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing day 1 and then missing day 2.... I was sick in bed. But I hauled my butt out of bed today to get this done..... UGH! So technically I am now a day behind, but I am not giving up yet!!! And boy am I sore......
  • dionnehillwaugh
    dionnehillwaugh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I ended up doing day 1 and then missing day 2.... I was sick in bed. But I hauled my butt out of bed today to get this done..... UGH! So technically I am now a day behind, but I am not giving up yet!!! And boy am I sore......

Just keep at it...everyday counts and as long as you have some consecutive days in...you should be fine...Please dont stop...WE CAN DO THIS.
  • Dziasmith
    Dziasmith Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just now got Day 2 in. I started late and will "only" do 30DS 3 or 4 days a week with my other fitness goals. Man this is tough for me! All I can say is I am super proud that I just got up and did it even before my morning cup of coffee. It is great to be able to check in with you guys!