Pregnancy Exercises

Options
Hey there. I just want to know some exercises that are safe for women who are pregnant. I am not looking to buy a DVD, but rather a routine you ladies do. Thank you so much!

Replies

• meghanvest
    Options
    I walk 5-6 days a week for 60 minutes each workout pushing my 2 year old in his stroller. It ends up being 3 miles each walk. Between that and working out on the elliptical, I stay in pretty good shape.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I walk several times a week, I spin about once a week, I teach so I'm on my feet all day. So nothing major, but I'm pleased with my weight gain (~25 lbs at 36 weeks) and energy levels (super high) thus far. Just keeping diet and exercise simple seems to have worked for me.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do everything the same as when im not pregnant. I just have to modify some stuff. Like p90x I can do all the floor stuff the guys does in class but I can still do most, I do all of zumba and run some though I have to pee every 5 seconds now at 29 weeks :/ And I still lift weights.
    If you are exercising before there is no reason not to continue on :)
  • _DoingMe_
    Options
    I've been doing this circuit just to keep some muscle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPeo49HNVY

It's only 10 minutes, but it's all I can convince myself to do at 7.5 weeks. :)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking, swimming, stationary bike, and elliptical are good. I did just pick up a preggo yoga dvd and buff moms-to-be dvd.