My Butt is Falling! My Butt is Falling!(a la chicken little)

Options
Ahhhh.. I am down 76 lbs so far with another 100 to go. I just took a picture of myself and my round, mountain of a backside is starting to look deformed. I do water aerobics 5x/week. Anyone have any suggestions for a killer butt work out? Anyone tried that Brazilian butt workout video?

Replies

• Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love it! Of course, not that your butt is sagging, but your sense of humor. I am early out, but I've seen this kind of question before and know that building muscle will help lift parts and is also helpful for potential skin issues. As soon as I'm cleared (I'm early out, sleeved 10/16) I will be continuing strength training that I started pre-op. I use the machines at the Y, and do the rounds of most of them, spending at least 30 minutes on them. Typically, the machines have pictures of the muscles each machine works, so look for the ones that show the "butt" muscles, lol.

Also, I've read before that working one area to deal with one area is not the right strategy and that working the whole body is vital along with working the problem areas, of course. I highly recommend starting some strength training. I actually prefer it to any other kind of exercise :) I also hope to try aquatic group classes at the Y once I'm cleared to swim. I love swimming, and have been a member of the Y since February, but have not dared take any kind of group fitness class yet (aquatic or not).

How do you like aquatic aerobics? Good luck with your buns and congrats on your loss so far!
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can relate :) somewhere on the way between 180 to 170 my butt left and left very unattractive bottom o' but "shrinkles" in it's place :(. Checking out butt workout now!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have the shar pei butt look after loosing 140 pounds. Alot of it is loose skin to be honest with you and nothing is gonna help that unless you have it cut off! I go to the gym 3-4 times a week for cardio and strength training and it has toned me up some but it won't perform miracles! Good luck!