Need Support from my Sisters

Options
I need to talk with women who understand the cultrual challenges of losing weight. I am a 35yr old single mom with one child and about 80lbs to lose (if not more) My family is ignorant to healthy lifestyles. My mother is naturally slender and swears everything is healthy but she cooks almost in butter, crisco or bacon fat. I am always told I look fine the way I am, men love the curves but I have cholestrol higher than my Dr would like and everyone in my family either has diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure.

I am very supportive add me if you like

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have an open diary and log daily. Though technically I'm in maintenance, I am working on building muscle and getting rid of this last, very stubborn layer of fat.
  • WhitBall1985
    Options
    I'm new to the group, I'll add you.
  • crw4939
    Options
    You can add me. I am over 50 and it is hard but I have loss more than 50 pounds this year but found it wasn't possible until I started incorporating exercise.

I actually use butter because my nutritionist to me told me to:happy: stop using margarines.
  • SugafreeNsweet
    SugafreeNsweet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am over 50 and it is hard but I have loss more than 50 pounds this year but found it wasn't possible until I started incorporating exercise.

I actually use butter because my nutritionist to me told me to:happy: stop using margarines.

First of all you look great and its hard to believe your over 50......Really why did she suggest butter over margarine? My Dr. told me to use anything else like bremmel & brown yogurt spread and I can believe it not butter spray or extra virgin olive oil
  • crw4939
    Options
    She just mentioned all the fats we think are not in those sprays and margarines that butter is better. I use grape seed oil and olive oil when cooking instead of crisco and the others. I bake instead of frying for the most part.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

[/quote

You look no where what your age is stated to be!! Keep up the good work!
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options

First of all you look great and its hard to believe your over 50......Really why did she suggest butter over margarine? My Dr. told me to use anything else like bremmel & brown yogurt spread and I can believe it not butter spray or extra virgin olive oil

Margarine typically has chemicals in it (hydrogen-, hence hydrogenated vegetable oil, partially hydrogenated fat etc.) I believe that's where the "unhealthy" factor comes in. Since butter is a natural food, it may turn out to be better for you in the long run.

I'll add you! The more support, the better!