Purple Team-Week 3

Options
mmommaj
mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
Good Morning, Purple Team. I watched BL last night and really enjoyed it...but I am wondering how we will do the challenges this week. Exciting. :) I was very happy with the results (which I will not talk about anymore, spoilers for those who haven't had a chance to watch yet).
What are your goals this week? What is your motivation?

Replies

• mmommaj
    Options
    Each player on your team has 100 crunches to bid with. There will be several fitness items up for auction and you get to bid on which of these you would like to use as your main workout for the week. You can save your crunch payments and not bid on anything, but the catch is you cannot use any equipment for your main workout that week.

Heres what you have to bid on:
    Treadmill
    Elliptical
    Stationary bike
    Hand weights
    Exercise classes (at a gym)
    Rowing machine
    Exercise videos –
    Upper body weight machines (at a gym)
    Lower body weight machines (at a gym)

optional challenge: Complete the "Ghostly gallop" - Tomorrow is halloween and your goal is to complete a 5k (3.1 miles) You can do this walking, jogging, skipping, etc. You might even get it just walking the kiddos around trick or treating! Let us know what you did, how you felt, and especially if you were in costume or not. If you complete it your reward is a piece of halloween candy of your choice

Here we go ladies...:)
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hey congrats to the purple team for losing the most as a team this week! way to go, ladies!

how come no one is bidding on the auction items? i've not had internet access since yesterday early afternoon so figured everything would be gone... & everything is still here. although i had already realized that i mostly do exercise classes which i don't do on weekends so i didn't need to bid on anything inparticular.

is everyone doing alright? - the team is awfully quiet this week....
  • mmommaj
    Options
    Wow...I agree..we have not had conversation at all today....no bidding.
    I will bid 10 crunches for exercise videos....
    Mell
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll put in 10 for the elliptical.

Kate
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    i will bid 10 for the treadmill,
    i also did the walk yesterday (hoping to get another in today)
    sorry i have been quiet my mom is ill and we brought her home from hospital so have been very busy taking care of her, working out when i can (which some days seems to be 4am)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    I will bid 20 for the treadmill! Sorry I just saw the challenge this morning since it was extremely busy at work this last few weeks! I'm a manager at the only year around store in Las Vegas! Things will start to slow down, yay!
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i've had a terrible last 2 days with food so i'm going to change what i said earlier & bid on stuff. i just really need to do something to turn things around.

10 for handweights

20 for exercise videos

& if i'm too late to bid in the auction, i'm probably just going to go ahead & use them anyway as i really need to do something more than i've been doing given the way i ate yesterday & wednesday.

also, i'm having really big trouble accessing the internet this week - think it's because of the weather up here yet just want to let you know that if you don't hear from me, that's why. after i posted yesterday, i could not get on again last night or first thing this morning so it's frustrating yet i'm still on the team.
  • mmommaj
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning, Purple Team. I hope your weekends were blessed and full of rest. :) Let's check in today...Don't forget to weigh-in...It's a new day/week...what are you goals for this week? What is one thing you want to change this week, whether it be eating or physical?
    My weight is 196. (can I just say, I HATE Halloween...)
    Mell
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    Weight 142.4 I would like to stay focus on my workouts towards the end do the week!
  • pambo1999
    pambo1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am on a business trip and forgot to weight myself before I left. I will not be back until
    Wednesday. So I will get a weight on Thursday.

I was able to walk 3.7 miles on Thursday. I did not participate in the auction because I walk for excerise and did not have anything to auctions for.
  • mmommaj
    Options
    Hey...thanks for letting me know you couldn't get your weight to me...I will look for your information on Wednesday.
    Mell
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    weight 194
    i did walk the 5k twice yay me
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    223 is my weight

I did 3.2 miles on Saturday
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    same weight as last week, 150.2 Hoping next week will be better! I got two new workout dvds yesterday so im gonna try to do them monday-sat since they are 30 minutes a workout

Im also doing a plank challenge on facebook - basically the first week you do a plank every day for about 20-30 seconds, then you gfet breaks and increase the time and such so that by the end of the month you are doing it for several minutes. My core strength is absolutely horrible so im hoping this will help!

Hows everyones week going?
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No change in weight for me last week.

Goal for this week - just keep moving!