So you wanna teach your girlfriend or wife how to mtb...

Options
http://mtb4her.com/so-you-wanna-teach-your-girlfriend-or-wife-how-to-mountain-bike/

This used to be my husband's favorite one:
Don’t wait for her. She’ll be more inspired to ride faster if you’re this little speck in the distance while she’s still trying to figure out how to shift while chasing you down. If you do wait for her, make sure to leave as soon as she reaches you so she knows exactly which way to go next.

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Somehow that seems like a good way to get to sleep on the couch. :bigsmile:
  • beatpig
    beatpig Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Somehow that seems like a good way to get to sleep on the couch. :bigsmile:

I proper LOL'd at this.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm having difficulty just getting her on a paved trail. Should I just jump directly to trail rides so she gets used to it faster?
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    LOL this is what my BF did he also applied the same technic to snowboarding!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm having difficulty just getting her on a paved trail. Should I just jump directly to trail rides so she gets used to it faster?

Look into women's only skills clinics, or clubs. It's will go much much smoother if someone else teachers her. Trust me. Same applies for snowboarding too (especially if that someone else is a beautiful New Zealander boy...). But yeah, I'd rather start on dirt than pavement.