• smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great, More the merrier!
  • ummmmm84
    ummmmm84 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the gang.

I'm still getting use to/ and having a hate relationship with my Garmin connect so I tent to upload once a week.

Kill it everyone
  • smiffy645
    Options
    So, as I can't find a way to post in the garmin group I thought I would post here. Seeing as we are all in the group I thought it would be good to share goals and future events planned so we can support each other along the way.

My goals are to improve my 5 & 10k times. I'd like to go sub 50 for the 10k and sub 23 for the 5. Event wise I have three 10k's booked for this year and one for New Year's Day.
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I really get the group - I think the administrator can put events in the calendar. I thought it was going to show all our activities (like our individual calendars) but it doesn't.

Anyway my goal now is to get my 5k time down to under 27.5 minutes which is about a 10% improvement over where I am now.

As for events - I don't have anything planned but am considering the Winchest Duathlon in March - 5k run, 20k cycle, 5k run - would love to come in under 2 hours on that.
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    Well I'm back from wales. Didn't do any running in the end....it would have been a near death experience I think as there was no paths where we were staying.

I would like to get a 30min 5k and to run all of a 10k as I was disappointed not to this year as it was sooooo hot.

I have few runs I would like to do next year but nothing set in stone as yet. One of those is a donut dash 5k
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Hi - I've joined the UKMFPers group on Garmin Connect. There's also a group forum here called "Garmin Connect" - not sure how active it is TBH, been a while since I looked at it.

Anyway, I'm on Garmin Connect as Doug_T, anyone can add me, all requests gratefully accepted.
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    added you

really don't know how to make any use of the group but I do enjoy seeing everyone's activities in the feed :)
  • smiffy645
    Options
    Yep, welcome aboard, the more the merrier!
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    Hi Doug hi everyone

So what have you all been up too
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a lung busting 5k on the treadmill at work. I knocked about 50 seconds off my PB so it's down to 28:31. I haven't been able to move since I sat back at my desk though.

I'm going to make a tea in a minute, but I have to walk through the whole office so I want to make sure my legs aren't wobbly and that I'm not still bright red.
  • smiffy645
    Options
    Well done, 27 is in sight!
  • smiffy645
    Options
    Hi Doug hi everyone

So what have you all been up too

Trying to get faster! Intervals last night at the club (forgot my watch so entered manually). My wife and I have a coaching session booked for this Saturday at the Battersea running track so hopefully hoping to improve my technique and efficiency.
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    Well done Steve as smiffy says 27 is in sight. Bright reg is never a very good colour.....also on the wobbly front you don't want to still the tea.

I've only every tyres intervals once it wasn't a nice sight.

I'm trying to get the motivation going for a run tonight. I need to be able to run about 4k min so I can join my local club. I don't want to hold others back which is why I haven't taken the plunge and just joined
  • smiffy645
    Options
    Well done Steve as smiffy says 27 is in sight. Bright reg is never a very good colour.....also on the wobbly front you don't want to still the tea.

I've only every tyres intervals once it wasn't a nice sight.

I'm trying to get the motivation going for a run tonight. I need to be able to run about 4k min so I can join my local club. I don't want to hold others back which is why I haven't taken the plunge and just joined

You should just join, you will be amazed how much ability the power of the collective group brings, joining a running club changed my ability so much. Clubs are there to support runners of all abilities you wont be holding anyone back except yourself by not joining!
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    I don't no if it's the ability or the confidence that is holding me back.

I would like to think it will make be a better runner. I did the clubs 10k this year open to all. They were all (the ones I saw) a lovely bunch of people
  • ummmmm84
    Options
    I take that back it is ability...I just looked and it says about joining seniors should be able to run/jog 3/4 MILES. Might be a target for January
  • smiffy645
    Options
    I take that back it is ability...I just looked and it says about joining seniors should be able to run/jog 3/4 MILES. Might be a target for January

Change might to is and you're done! ;-)
  • elliemcc11
    elliemcc11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've just joined :)
  • mpdswan
    Options
    Hi All, I've just joined the garmin group. I've been running a while (in june ran a 100km ultra marathon and have ran a few full and half marathons). But since June my training's came off the boil, i've gained a few pounds and lost the fitness level i worked so hard to attain. So i've decided to utilise the fact that connect and MFP can sync :) looking forward to virtually running with you all.
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Did you manage to sync GC and MFP directly? I never got it to work, so instead, I now sync from GC to Strava, and Strava to MFP. That works, but it's not flawless, e.g. swims are just reported as "aerobic exercise". If you search for garmin connect and myfitnesspal, there seem to be a lot of complaints.