Options
absmith_
absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
How is everyone's week going? I swear I feel hungrier on my rest days! Grrrr

Replies

• eSUNt
    eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! Today is my rest day but can't give into the temptations. I enjoyed myself way to much yesterday!!!! But it was a blast!
  • absmith_
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your rest day!!

PROPOSAL! I want your votes!

Should we change the group to "End of Year Challenge?"
  • eSUNt
    Options
    That's a great idea! I like it! We can motivate each other throughout the holidays!!! I still think we should check in every week
  • absmith_
    Options
    I agree on the check ins!
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think that's a good idea I'm in! :) 2 more days till the weigh in!
    how is everyone this week??

I just had a delicious "kinda cheat" meal. A lean cuisine pizza, that was actually delicious! And a skinny cow pretzel Carmel ice creammmmmm. Mmmm!!!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well! My weight loss is still being pretty stubborn, but eh. Patience usually does the trick. Now that I've moved on from Insanity to P90X, I'm going to incorporate intermittent fasting again. I really enjoyed it before, but I wasn't able to do Insanity without having some food in my stomach. Not a problem with P90X! I started IF today, and I definitely enjoyed my humongous post-workout lunch. Mmm.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm a whining machine this week. My appetite is out of control and my weight has been exactly the same every day for a week. I did check my scales, but it's so unusual since I always fluctuated a lot. Oh well.
    I'm not sure what to blame my appetite on though - the weather? the lack of cardio? loss of motivation? Whatever it is... I've been stuffing my face continuously for a week :/
  • absmith_
    Options
    Neli- I have been having horrible snacking from like 5pm-8pm so I decided to "save" calories so I know i have some until then.

Kate- mine too!! Hasn't budged in a whole week!! :(
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    im with u ive been at same weight for almost 2 weeks. errr need to see that scale go down!!
  • eSUNt
    Options
    My week is going well. I am trying to eat less calories per day this week to see if that helps with my weekly weight loss in addition to reigning in my cheats on the weekend. I also started weighing myself daily and tracking on weightgrapher.com (Thanks Kate!) and I kinda like it. It's cool to see the way your weight fluctuates and what actions cause your weight to go up or down. I quickly saw that it takes my body 2 days to recover from one cheat day! Anywho I really hope to have a loss this week!
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    On the bright side at least your weight has been the same not higher ;) I'm feeling kind of the same! I think its the weather, seasonal sadness lol.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    Options
    I forgot how much I love intermittent fasting. It's so wonderful. :))
  • eSUNt
    Options
    Kate since I saw your post that you started IF again I've been reading up on it all morning. It's a very interesting concept and I'm very curious to see how it works. I may try it out for a couple of weeks - 16 hour fast, 2 pre workout and then 1 post workout meal. What has been your experience with IF? Have you seen a lot of success?
  • KateK8LoseW8
    Options
    Kate since I saw your post that you started IF again I've been reading up on it all morning. It's a very interesting concept and I'm very curious to see how it works. I may try it out for a couple of weeks - 16 hour fast, 2 pre workout and then 1 post workout meal. What has been your experience with IF? Have you seen a lot of success?

I had really good success with it before I started Insanity, but I did continue to have good results through Insanity. It's hard for me to say if it is more effective for weight loss or not, but there is lots of anecdotal evidence that it's a great way to lose stubborn fat. The way I approach it is that on strength training days (MWF), I have coffee (<25 calories) and then do my cardio for the day. So that is in a fasted state. I then have a protein shake prior to strength training, and right after strength training I have my largest meal of the day (at least 60% of my total calories for the day). Then I might have a snack between then and dinner, and I have a modest portion size for dinner. And of course my dessert. Most days I operate on 16/8, but sometimes it turns into 18/6 or 20/4 if I have a late start. My eating window is generally 12PM or later to 8PM. On cardio-only days, I just have coffee before cardio and then my large lunch afterwards, no protein shake.

My macro ratios also vary depending on whether it's a strength or cardio day. http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ is a great resource for figuring out your eating pattern and macros. I use the -30%/-10% calorie ratio for cardio/strength days, and 50/50 carb to fat ratio for cardio and 75/25 for strength days. This is following the leangains pattern. If you want to learn more about leangains, here are two good things to read:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
    http://doubleyourgains.com/musclebuildingmastermind/The_Leangains_Approach_Final.pdf

It's a little bit more complicated, but once you have everything set up and figured out, it's not so bad. I just really enjoy exercising in the fasted/mostly fasted state and eating an absolutely massive lunch afterwards. It does take some getting used to, but I find that after a while of doing it, my hunger cues are greatly reduced. I don't feel the need to snack as often, which is great.
  • eSUNt
    Options
    Thanks Kate!!!! I have been on the Leangains site all day. I'm going to try this out for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. I'll keep it simple at first just to try and get the pattern down. The macros discussion is making my head spin! LMAO.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    Options
    Heh, hope you like it! I personally find the one massive meal a day with a few other small things a really satisfying way to eat.