~~Consistent practice equals consistent progress~~

Options
Is this true?

Sometimes there seems to be a wall---nothing seems to be happening with all of our effort!

I still say keep practicing--walking the walk--talking the talk. Progress will eventually show up!

Replies

• fishing88
    Options
    Hello
    I agree with you. I was reading an article the other day about dieting and exercise. The article read that the person who's doing the diet and exercise program will notice a difference in their body after four weeks. Close family and friends will notice and typically comment after eight weeks and workmates and general public will notice after twelve weeks.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I agree but Its very frustrating when you are working at all the right things and not seeing results..... I know they are there and or coming but sometimes I would love a little instant gratification..LOL

I have decided that I am not going to focus so much on the scale although I have to admit it does boost my ego when I see that is trending downward.

I have also started thinking about and focusing on all the things I couldn't do before I started down this lifestyle change. That makes a big difference for me. I have realized that this lifestyle change is Mental as well as Physical.. Just my 2 cents!
  • annettevann
    Options
    re fishing88: the most important 'noticing' is ourselves! We are 'Doing This For ME' :)

re faytwain: I agree that it is allllll about lifestyle change --- and that MENTAL is not only more powerful,
    but mental change has to happen for permanent change to happen :)
  • jmp1958
    jmp1958 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's a marathon, not a sprint. But it's hard in an age where immediate gratification rules.