Maternity Undies...what are your favs?

Options
Skeebee
Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
Mine is getting too small and uncomfortable. I'm 15 weeks now. What are your favs or dislikes? any specific brands or styles?

Replies

• hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Anything low-rise :)
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I just get cotton Hanes low-rise thongs. Anything with a full back just does not seem to fit comfortable when I am pregnant. Plus these are usually cheap and when they get too small I just got and purchase the next size up. And especially during the winter I wear lots of tights, nylons and leggings. Dealing with full back panties with tights and leggings is a nightmare.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I was actually wondering this myself.

Stephsyd... where do you get your tights from? Do get maternity ones?
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Stephsyd... where do you get your tights from? Do get maternity ones?

Yeesh.. I need to proofread better. I just went and reread what I wrote. Yikes! I have not been sleeping at night due to my legs falling asleep, and it shows.

Right now I am just wearing my regular tights and I usually purchase those from Target. I have a small waist to hip ratio compared to what is considered 'normal', so the tights are actually fitting up and over my little bump just fine. I probably will look into some maternity or else just going up a size larger in tights depending on what cost breakdown is. Probably the size larger as I really will not need tights near the end of the pregnancy I am hoping.

I love Target's thicker sweater tights. They are so nice and warm, and they wash well. I usually throw them in a mesh lingerie bag and put them in the washing machine with my other delicates. I then air dry them on a towel. The key to tights after you wash them or the right after you purchase them is to put them in the freezer for at least 48 hours. I have no idea why, but it helps prevent them from snagging or getting runs. I have tights from 3 years ago that are still in good shape, and I wear a pair 4-5 days a week. I also like to get the bright colored opaque tights and then wearing either lace tights or fish nets over them. Bright colors by themself are too much for me, but with the black lace over top it tones it down and makes it a little more work appropriate I feel. My favorite outfit right now is a black sweater dress with hot pink tights and black rose lace tight over top with ankle boots. I am warm, comfortable, business appropriate, but still have a splash of color to play with for my jewerly and adds a little fun.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all!
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is funny, i didn't think about everyone having this problem. I told my husband I thought my undies were shrinking, Nothing seems to fit right anymore. I think I wore different kind of undies with my first so this wasn't a problem. But its very annoying!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yeah my undies started getting tight, so I went to Target. Because of previous comments on this post I decided to get myself hip huggers from hanes and they are pretty comfortable! :) I also got them a size larger than what I normally wear. They sit just below my belly and they're snug around the hips to I don't have any fear they're gonna slide down.