LEMONS

Options
Have you ever tried using lemons as a diuretic? If so how long did you use it and did you notice any changes.

Replies

• LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :smile: I have tried that master cleanse and it uses lemons. I was on it for 10 days and didn't lose anything but a little water weight... But I did meet a lady last night at Boot Camp who says she puts lemon in her water that she drinks daily and it helps flush all the toxins out.. So it sounds like a good idea to me.. I may give it a try as well. What have you heard?
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I also heard it flushes out the toxins in your body and can aid as a diuretic. However since its high in citric acid to be careful because it will wear out something in the tooth enamel. I don't want to do the master cleanse just wanted to know if I drank 1 cup daily w/warm water will it remove excess water.
  • kellz4544
    Options
    I drink lemon water every day. I just mix lemons and water in a huge tea pot and drink it through out the day. I think in total I may drink 10-15 cups of it daily. I never considered the tooth enamel issue but that's concerning... maybe I'll start drinking it through a straw? I will say though, since I started drinking it I am able to consume at least triple the water I normally did.