Help I need Motivation

Options
Hello ladies I am new to the site as well as the group. I have battled with yo yo dieting for so long, unsuccessessfully, now iI am attempting to stay focused and dedicated to lose 100 pounds. I feel that I can receive and provide support to the ladies with similar goals. I am currently doing insanity. Anyone interested in going INSANE with me?

Replies

• kellz4544
    Options
    Girl good luck with insanity! I've tried it and it DEFINITELY work but it's so difficult. I say kudos to anyone that does it and can complete it. I love zumba and the "fun" workouts and feel like I can stick to those on a longer basis. But if you're looking for someone to go through this journey with I'll send you a friend request!
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey hun! I too have battled with yo-yo dieting, but 6 months ago, I'd finally had enough of the fad diets and shortcuts. I am aiming to lose 110 pounds in total. (60 more to go whoo-hoo!) I haven't tried Insanity yet, mainly because I have a bum knee/ankle and I'm scared I may injure myself. It is on my list of fitness goals though, b/c the more weight I lose, the less my knee and ankle bother me. I started out with Zumba, but these days my FAVORITE exercise is Spinning. I take 2-3 classes/wk. It's amazing and the calorie burn is ridiculous. In any case, I'm definitely here to help motivate you as I motivate myself. We can DO this! :)
  • SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that Insanity! It takes alot of dedication to do that and I feel you got it!
    Don't attempt to stay focused.. Stay focused like your life depends on it... You have set a goal of 100 lbs loss, now put that in your pocket and start chopping away at it...YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU HAVE THE POWER! YOU WILL SUCCEED! I'm talking from experience, i've loss more that 133 lbs in 4 years... you will have some detours to navigate and some obstacles in your way but they are only a test of your faith...
    feel free to add.
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If it helps start talking to yourself. :noway: No really- I talk to myself all the time it "SELF" saves me every time too! Just Thursday I had to literally talk myself into going to workout- and even once I got there I had to talk myself into the door. Shoot- today I had a candy bar in my hand and held it for like a minute:love: and then self said- just put it down and walk away:sad: . TRUST me listen to the person inside because she wants OUT!!

I also refuse to diet- I think just saying the word is a set-up.:laugh: .lol No really I believe that if you focus on what you eating (by keeping a journal) then you will begin to see what you are eating- see I eat mindlessly- I eat all day. But I also keep a trail mix (I make nuts, m&m, raisins, captain crunch cereal- don't judge me:ohwell: ) or a granola bar some type of something- that way I won't stop at McDonalds or where ever to get that quick burger/chicken sandwich that I just worked my *kitten* off trying to burn away.

SO I say all that to say short term goals-
    Focus on one thing at a time maybe eating this week and working out next week until you can fit them together.

IMHO

(feel free to add me also)
  • Jbrum71
    Jbrum71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I have done everything under the sun. I need encourgment and goals to set. What is INSANE?
  • Jbrum71
    Options
    Thank you all. I need Motivation...
  • Jbrum71
    Options
    Les mills is a good cal burner.