UK v USA CHALLENGE - DEFINING EXERCISE

Options
BlueAngelChar
BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
Dear TEAMS!!

In the spirit of fairness I've had a chat with TEAM USA captain because Its been noticed that some calorie burns are slightly, shall we say "adventurous" . So going forward its been agreed that the following definition of THINGS THAT ARE NOT exercise is detailed below and should not be counted. We need to make sure we are all using the same criteria and at this point we aren't so the scoring won't be fair.

1 - Wearing a HRM all day is not acceptable - that is you just living daily life not exercising regardless of how strenuous your job might be.

2 - Walking up stairs does not count - again I walk up 5 flights between 6-10 times a day and have not logged it as exercise!

Its really just common sense folks but we need to try and be fair because when TEAM UK win it will be because it was fair and square! :blushing: :drinker: lol

In all seriousness thought we've done so well so far and it would be a shame to taint fantastic results because of cheating allegations!

Play fair or go home!!

Happy Hunting Folks !! :drinker:

Replies

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Agree 100%!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Cool!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Agreed :smile:
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Enough said.... now let's burn it up peeps:bigsmile:
  • MADLifestyle
    Options
    agreed!
    2 - Walking up stairs does not count - again I walk up 5 flights between 6-10 times a day and have not logged it as exercise!

but as a training run up stairs count or? Everyday i run 5-20 minutes @home on the stairs.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Some of my akerikan friends consider lifting heavy hamburgers, chewing and sucking on a milkshake to be exercise worthy of celebrating with yet another bigmac. Obviously they log the consumption of that too and celebrate with yet another in a frenzy if calorie burning and consumption.
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Some of my akerikan friends consider lifting heavy hamburgers, chewing and sucking on a milkshake to be exercise worthy of celebrating with yet another bigmac. Obviously they log the consumption of that too and celebrate with yet another in a frenzy if calorie burning and consumption.

You know them TOO well, this is brilliant, it's like having a spy:bigsmile:
  • IronPhyllida
    Options
    Well it does explain a few things :laugh: :noway: (sorry, i love the 'no way' emoticon. It's just so me.)
  • IronPhyllida
    Options
    agreed!

but as a training run up stairs count or? Everyday i run 5-20 minutes @home on the stairs.
    Is that because you keep forgetting stuff or is it part of your training? Just asking....
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    agreed!

Is that because you keep forgetting stuff or is it part of your training? Just asking....

LOVE IT!!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Well it does explain a few things :laugh: :noway: (sorry, i love the 'no way' emoticon. It's just so me.)

Careful you two, I happen to know your captain is partial to Mickey D's and loves her Big Macs!:laugh:
  • determined2run
    determined2run Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    FYI... My 15 - 45 minutes of stairs is purposely done during my prep period going up and down repetitively in the stairwell of our science building... Are you seriously not wanting to count that as exercise?
  • emaren
    Options
    I just burned 14 calories pacing the kitchen waiting for my coffee to brew and my toast to cook.

#imjustsayin
  • emaren
    Options
    and another six dropping a colleague off at the airport, plus the nine I burned in a useless meeting :)

I'm on fire today !
  • IronPhyllida
    Options
    and another six dropping a colleague off at the airport, plus the nine I burned in a useless meeting :)

I'm on fire today !
    We're going to win this on your calorie burn alone!!!! :smokin:
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    agreed. mine is true working out. no B S here!!!!! im a trainer but i dont count my beatings as calories burned..... its just FUN!!!!
  • emaren
    Options
    Today:

Bootcamp, Spinning and a random 'Cardio Breakout' class - I feel like death, but todays total is an insane 1,706kcals.

If anyone wants me I will be sleeping...........