London Marathon Blog

Options
Hi all

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing a running site when I came across an article about the 2014 London Marathon. One of the main sponsors "Lucozade" are putting in a team of 5 who will blog about their experiences leading up to and including the race. To enter you had to send off a summery of why you should be part of their team in under 100 words. Just as a laugh I entered but now the jokes on me because I have made the final 20. Now they want me to make a 90 second video that will be uploaded to u-tube for Public voting.

I am now unsure whether to continue.y Am I read to train for a full marathon (one of the biggest in the world) next April? I have been running for 13 months now and have done 2 halves the fastest in 2:06. I have also done challenge walks of over 30 miles.

What do you guys think, should I have a go at getting a place in their team

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!! What an amazing opportunity!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago one of my FB friends posted about applying to be a San Francisco Marathon Ambassador. I thought running across the Golden Gate Bridge looked pretty cool so I applied as well.

I will have Ambassador discount codes for anyone who wants to next month.

You have nothing to loose by applying and it might be a lot of fun. 5 months is enough time for you to prepare yourself to run a marathon, I say do it!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You can definitely prepare yourself for a April marathon if you start now. You should definitely apply. Be honest in your video and express what you've expressed here - I'm sure you're 'I don't know if I'm really ready for this but I'm ready to try' spin will appeal to lots of people and your story of going for it, training, and ultimately finishing the marathon will be inspirational to all those who are considering a marathon but have reservations.

Please let me know when you have those - I'm definitely considering SF as a follow up to Big Sur :-). SF was my first half marathon and I wanted it to be my first full marathon this year, but they changed the weekend and it didn't work in my family's schedule. So, maybe 2014 will be the year for the SF Marathon.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago one of my FB friends posted about applying to be a San Francisco Marathon Ambassador. I thought running across the Golden Gate Bridge looked pretty cool so I applied as well.

You have nothing to loose by applying and it might be a lot of fun. 5 months is enough time for you to prepare yourself to run a marathon, I say do it!

I applied and was REJECTED! I was so sad.