Introduce Yourself

Options
I figured we could all introduce ourselves so that we know a little bit about each other!

I'm Krysti, I'm 27 and am pregnant with my first child. I'm due April 1 and will be finding out the baby's gender on November 8! I'm happily married to Brad; we've been married 3 years. I'm a registered nurse in an ENT office; I previously worked for six years on a cardiac/telemetry unit but needed a change of pace. When I'm not working, I love to read, run (although I'm taking a hiatus for pregnancy, as I had not been running consistently prior to pregnancy!), hike, ride my bike, travel, eat peanut butter and drink good coffee. I also have two active dogs - a beagle named Captain and a yellow lab named Dixie.

Replies

• Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm Naomi, 36, 4 kids ages 2, 4, 6, 17 :smile: I homeschool my younger ones. My good friend is my personal trainer and I hope to be doing personal training myself by this time next year.
    I have always loved reading and April was my best month yet- 22 books :smile:

Hmm, what else... my husband brought home a puppy with no warning yesterday! Of course everyone loves him already :smile:
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love that discover commercial where the hubs brings home a puppy and is carrying it down the stairs saying, "hold it, hold it..." makes me LOL every time!

My name is Ange, I'm 37 (38 next week) and live in the Blue Ridge mountains of VA with my husband of 12 years, and a menagerie of animals, including a beloved horse named Sully and a slew of laying hens. I am a writer, an artist and when I really need money, I clean houses. No kids, just animals. I used to read voraciously as a kid, but now I take quality over quantity due to time constraints... however, my Kindle has really improved how much I am able to read. Driving the 30 to 50 miles to the library, bookstore on a whim isn't an option, so Kindle has brought the world to me!

I am morbidly obese, which is why I'm here, but working hard to change it. In spite of my weight, I horseback ride (No worries, he's a humongous draft cross!) and bike ride, walk and hike around my home. I actually find reading helps me with my diet. When I get bored, instead of reaching for the chips and cookies, I reach for my book. And for every so many pounds lost, I treat myself to a new book (and in between I find freebies off Book Bub!)

It's very nice meeting all of y'all!
  • Jinkeys
    Jinkeys Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi, my name is Beth, hailing from the back woods of NH. I have been married for 15 years, we have two girls, 11 and 7. I also share my home with a dog, 3 cats, a hamster, and 8 chickens. I work full time in the tile wholesale business, as well as a retail showroom. I also attend college part-time trying to get my accounting degree., as well as chair of the library trustees for my tiny town.
    I love to read! I always have at least two books going, my taste is books ranges from fantasy, to horror, to romance, and autobiography. I also love to write, I belong to a couple of local writers groups, and attend whenever I can. This is my first book group.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi- My name is Teri. I live in Northern Minnesota with my husband and two seven year olds. I am currently back in school working towards a degree in Medical Coding/ Health Information Technology. Prior to that I have worked as an OT in Hand therapy for ages. Just got tired of it after so many years and was lucky enough to have a supportive husband who suggested going back to school for a second degree.

In terms of hobbies; reading OF COURSE, cooking (hence the need for weight loss), biking, camping, hiking, scrapbooking.

We also have two dogs, a betta fish, and soon a parakeet.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hi- My name is Teri. I live in Northern Minnesota with my husband and two seven year olds. I am currently back in school working towards a degree in Medical Coding/ Health Information Technology. Prior to that I have worked as an OT in Hand therapy for ages. Just got tired of it after so many years and was lucky enough to have a supportive husband who suggested going back to school for a second degree.

In terms of hobbies; reading OF COURSE, cooking (hence the need for weight loss), biking, camping, hiking, scrapbooking.

We also have two dogs, a betta fish, and soon a parakeet.

Not to be nosy, but my husband's family is from Nashwauk, about 30min from Hibbing. Are you from around that area? I LOVE going up there! His grandpa got transferred to Northern Michigan with the mine but they still have a cabin on a small lake just outside of Nashwauk :)
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    We are in the northwest, Moorhead so nope although my sister and brother in law live in Grand Rapids which is over that way, and originally I am from Brainerd. :)
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    We are in the northwest, Moorhead so nope although my sister and brother in law live in Grand Rapids which is over that way, and originally I am from Brainerd. :)

Yes, Nashwauk is smack in the middle of Hibbing and Grand Rapids! Small world. I've drove through Brainerd but never actually stopped
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm Kell, 37-y-o Mum of two boys (5 years and 4 weeks!), living in Northumberland (north east coast of England). Avid reader and crafter, I love to crochet and cross stitch, and also design cross stitch charts. I'll read pretty much anything except Mills & Boon type romances, and I'm not so keen on chick lit, but other than that, pretty much anything goes. I love Terry Pratchett, Stuart McBride, Christopher Brookmyre, Philippa Gregory, Richard Castle, Simon Scarrow and Kelley Armstrong, among many others. I can't guarantee I'll read every book chosen, but I'll join in when I can. :)
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I'm Patsy - 61 - married 43 years - retired last year. We built our dream home this year and I am very happy to finally have a library in my home. I have a good collection of books I have read to fill it up. I got a Kindle a couple years ago and started another collection there.

I have two grown children and two grandchildren who also love to read.

I read all kinds of books and am looking forward to seeing the book choices here. This is my first book club.
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome, folks! Join in!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Yay! Welcome :happy: