I can't be bothered!

Options
Hjbaker
Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
Hi Ladies, hope all is going well for you and your babies.

I am struggling! When I first joined up to MFP I loved it, logged everything and would comment, encourage and take part in topics but now, in fact through most of my pregnancy, I just can't be bothered. I feel lazy for not logging my food or exercise and I feel like I'm letting my fellow mfp friends down by not praising their successes.

I've only got 7 weeks til my daughter is due and I would like to get my motivation back for the meantime... I know I will be MIA for a while once she arrives but I am wondering if you have any advice to help me get back on track? I am still eating pretty well, have gained 10kgs but only where it counts (boobs, stomach and a bit in the thighs) so I'm not super concerned that I'll 'blow up' any more than 'normal'.

Thanks for reading my rant :)

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel - it's kinda boring tracking your weight when the scale is going up, even though it's supposed too. I thought about simply not logging for a few months but then there's the risk of not getting back into it properly or soon enough once baby arrives so I have persevered. It's also interesting to keep track of what I'm 'craving' so I can control it if I notice I've been eating too many cakes, for example, rather than fruit.

Not long to hang out until the scale and waistline start heading in the right direction. Good luck.
  • rachael116
    Options
    Logging has been hard for me too. So much of MFP is focused on losing weight/fitness, which is awesome, but honestly, neither apply to me right now; obviously gaining because of the pregnancy, but I feel like my overall motivation to exercise is way, way down as well. I don't really have any good advice for you, unfortunately, but just wanted to let you know that I feel similarly.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way pretty often. Honestly the only thing that really keeps me on here is my awesome FL! It is hard to read "so and so lost five lbs. since their last weigh in or whatever" when you are not racking up the same types of "success". I log my food every day but I don't get too upset if I go over by a little. Some days I am way under. I also log all my work outs and it's good because people will write back and say "great that you're still exercising" or whatever. Plus I know that soon enough, I'll be able to get back on track!
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know what you mean. It's so hard to keep going when I feel that I'm messing up all the time or that I eat too darn much constantly. I have about 10 weeks left to go and I dread the expected 1 pound a week weight gain from here on out. I'm just really hoping that I'll lose it all quickly when little one comes like most people say will happen and will be able to pick up my weight loss journey where I left it.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your understanding and support.

I think I will make a conscious effort to log everything this week, whether I enjoy it or not, and see whether my enthusiasm comes back or not.

If not, then I think I will take a break. I know that I intend on coming back on here in full swing once baby and I have got into 'a routine'.

:flowerforyou: