Favourite Quotes

Options
“A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” – Joan Welsh

Replies

• NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    "Motivate urself create that body you always wanted it's never too late
    Mind over matter" - Johnny
  • burtle
    burtle Posts: 27
    Options
    Love this one - "No one can tell what goes on inbetween the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change.. You just come out the other side.. Or you don't". - Stephen King (from The Stand)
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    "You will never find time for anything. You must make it." -
    Charles Buxton
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    Love this one - "No one can tell what goes on inbetween the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change.. You just come out the other side.. Or you don't". - Stephen King (from The Stand)

I agree with this one too.
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    "We all have different abilities, thought processes, and experiences
    Pain is temporary" Never give up.-johnny
  • Michealwho
    Michealwho Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like this one:

"What personal change will you make today that will make a difference to your life in the future?"

I'm not sure who said it and I'm not sure if I quoted it right, but I like it and it keeps me focused.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    "Eat to live. Do not live to eat" ~ some dude on Weight Watchers
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do"

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"

"You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same"

"If your dreams do not scare you they are not big enough"

"Today I do what other won't, so tomorrow I can do what other can't"
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do"

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"

"You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you are all the same"

"If your dreams do not scare you they are not big enough"

"Today I do what other won't, so tomorrow I can do what other can't"

Nice I like this 1 it's so true.
  • burtle
    Options
    I like this one:

"What personal change will you make today that will make a difference to your life in the future?"

I'm not sure who said it and I'm not sure if I quoted it right, but I like it and it keeps me focused.

Great! Keep them coming
  • PINKSPARKLE1965INPARADISE
    Options
    The world says give up. Hope whispers try it one more time:drinker:
  • burtle
    Options
    "I Will Not Be Outworked. Period. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, you might be sexier than me, you might be all of those things. You got it on me in nine categories. But, if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm gonna die. It's really that simple."- Will Smith
  • burtle
    Options
    Hi all - welcome to all the new members! 26 members in the first day. That's fantastic and a good incentive to keep the quotes going. Signing off for the night with this one..

"Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential"

I like that saying, we all have bad days and things don't go to plan. But if you do the good stuff, MOST of the time you will reap the benefits. Continuous effort day after day, week after week is what it's all about.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    "Don't make the mistake of thinking you have all the time in the world" ~ I don't remember... Dali Lama or Buddha or someone...
  • burtle
    Options
    "We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It's not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist." Vince McConnell
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    "Do not pray for a easy life,pray for the strength to endure for a more difficult
    One"-Bruce lee
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of somebody else.” —Judy Garland
  • burtle
    Options
    “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of somebody else.” —Judy Garland
    "Do not pray for a easy life,pray for the strength to endure for a more difficult
    One"-Bruce lee

Great quotes :)
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."

Nice one,top 1 this one