Waxing

Options
LOL....sorry for the weird topic but has anyone gotten a bikini wax while pregnant? (not brazilian) just a basic bikini wax?

Been reading that some women feel more pain when pregnant but wanted to know if any of you had any bad experiences. I would like to go in for a wax, but not sure if I should just skip it and make a date with my razor (which I really hate) :sad:

Replies

• ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've gone for several waxes while pregnant (all brazillian) and found them to be the same amount of painful. (Granted, they were never a walk in the park before pregnancy!)

I prefer it, honestly...I'm too the point where I can't see much below my belly, so it's nice to have someone else take care of it. ;)
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    It's not recommended to wax while pregnant, as your skin is also stretchier and more elastic and more prone to tearing. I also can't stand leaving it either. There's nothing worse than being tugged during examinations while also going through the pain of labour! Razors are tricky when you can't see. In the past I've used a bikini shaver, which is safer but also tricky when you can't see. This time I've opted for Veet Sensitive - a hair removal cream. I've found it soooo much easier to apply blindly. Admittedly it hasn't given perfect results, but used once a week I've found to be sufficient and I think I'm getting better at it.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I get dh to shave for me lol it can be fun too ;)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    My research says waxing is fine during pregnancy and I've never heard that it could be more painful - I've never experienced that, in fact my latest wax (at 25 weeks) was my least painful ever (love my new beautician!).
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the replies! See, I'm a chicken when it comes to pain especially waxing down there...so I'm afraid to go through with it and find out it's worse!!! hahahaha, I'd probably stop in the middle of it and go home halfway done. :laugh:

so I bought some Veet this weekend and see how well it works. If it doesn't them I might have to bite the bullet and go for a wax.

You guys rock! :flowerforyou:
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    You know, it has crossed my mind that in the time between the epidural kicking in and before the baby arrives is the perfect time for a wax!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I get dh to shave for me lol it can be fun too ;)

My hubby does it for me too:)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that you don't wax for several different reasons actually.
    One, actually, is to never wax within a few days before a check up. Waxing can cause your skin to swell slightly, get red and sometimes rashy. Obgyns don't like you coming in looking like that, because apparently, it makes it more difficult to determine if everything actually looks okay. LOL! I laughed when I read that one. I have never had a wax, but I can just imagine an obgyn sitting there, looking and wondering if he should be concerned.

I got lazy with my daughter. I continued shaving up until about 6months when I couldn't see anymore, then just gave up. I am going to continue shaving this time until I can see, then probably just use the trimmer at least. Maybe, I will attempt to see if I can get the hubby's help. That should be entertaining.
  • newki
    newki Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You know, it has crossed my mind that in the time between the epidural kicking in and before the baby arrives is the perfect time for a wax!

lol!!!! Heck yes. Just get me one of those every time I need a wax. :P
  • MrsNolf
    MrsNolf Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    my doctor told me it's fine to wax while preggo. I'm 18 weeks and have had 3. The last one was probably the most painful. I've been waxing for years and much prefer it to every other hair removal method. Luckily my girl is quick so I can handle the 20 min of pain - figure I might as well get used to it (pain!)