Sad loss

Options
Hi All,

i went for my 12wk Ultrasound yesterday - me and hubby were so excited and ready to post it to the world as soon as we got out!

The lady said the baby was lying really low and asked me to empty my bladder, when she had another look she said unfortunately there was no heartbeat, and given the size it seems the baby died at about 10weeks.

We are devasted! Hubby broke down in the room but i didn't even cry at the time, i felt like it was a dream, i just was not expecting that all!

Onwards and Upwards, it obviously wasn't meant to be and nature had taken its course. Better i suppose than something being terribly wronf and us having to make that decision.

I have to go and see my doctor tomorrow (Monday) to see what is next, i really don't like the sound of a natural miscarriage and i'm scared as to whats next.

Has anyone else gone through the same and can share their experience?

I wish you all the best of luck in your pregnancies! Fingers crossed may they be happy and healthy ones!
Hopefully i will be back in a different baby group in the coming future! xxx

Replies

• araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your family's loss.I pray that God will comfort you and heal your broken hearts.Wishing you all the best!:flowerforyou:
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry sweetheart. You'll be in my prayers.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, I can't imagine the pain you're going through.
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Hollie,

So sorry you have had such a loss too. I know how you are feeling :( Thank you for your private message, I have responded and as I have said if I can help you in any way please message me at any time.

Look after yourself, Emma xxx
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly sorry :(

As per, someone else that has gone through it and can share experience -
    I dont know that yours will follow the same course as mine did. I truly hope that you are able to miscarry naturally and dont require medical assistance.

I miscarried 7 years ago! I had just left my exhusband when I had discovered I was pregnant. I was not excited about it at all. I had a small child and was a single mother and had no desire to go back to the ex.
    I prayed, just asking for strength and a little help pointing me in the right direction for work/stability/home. About 2 weeks later, I began bleeding. I went to an obgyn right away and was told I was miscarrying and that the baby hadn't lived long at all. I just continued to bleed and it was just like an extremely bad period.

I was sad, but felt that maybe God honestly knew it was not the right thing for my life at that time. I felt a little emotional hurt, but I accepted it. I think He knew best.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi Hollie...

I too am really sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your kind words, i was booked in for a d&c this morning and all done now

The baby was over 10wks so going natural would be long, drawnout and painful

The docs have said i will actually be more fertile now as everything is all cleaned out once i start trying again, was put to sleep and didn't feel a thing (though waking up was very painful, bleeding for about 2 hours but its stopping already)

Still very sad but at least i have closure now and can move on, the docs said 1 in 3 pregnancies end in miscarraige, such a high % but you just don't hear of them

Also a plus to being in the hospital everything can be assessed to see if this is a problem with me/the baby/something that could happen again etc - or just one of those things

Looking forward to the fun of trying again though in a few months ;) xxx
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi there and so sorry. I know how you feel, I had two missed miscarriages in the past 2 years. In both cases, I opted for the D&C procedure immediately. It was both emptionally an physically better for me. xoxo, Melitta
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and you will be in my thoughts!
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. So very sorry. Take care of yourself.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the pain you must feel having to experience this.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hugs. I don't have any experience of advice. Just hope you take care of yourself and best of luck in the future.
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read this. My heart is bleeding for you. Lots and lots of prayers and love your way! xMarte