Say "No" to Late Night Snacking in November

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
We continue what we have worked on in October

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1109006-say-no-to-late-night-snacking-in-october

... or start anew, depending on the point of view :wink:.

Fix a cut-off or just say "no more junk after dinner" - whatever suits you best.
Let's keep track of our progress as suggested in October and motivate each other!

Replies

• marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm back and in again for the long haul. My goal is NO eating after dinner. Eventually I'd love to move to some intermittent fasting. But right now I'm going for NO snacking!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    It is time for me to cease focusing on "goals" and to only focus on "systems". I am working with my husband this weekend to put "systems" in place that will help me focus on 2 things:

1. calorie-deficit to lose bodyfat; and
    2. lifting heavy things to change bodyshape

So, I am *unsure* how LNS is going to factor into this - it's been a "goal" of mine, but sometimes my goals are hi-jacked (by myself). With "systems", I am only to focus on the "inputs" and let the "outputs" take care of themselves.

Having said that, with proper "systems" in place, LNS SHOULD be ELIMINATED entirely - because THOSE calories coming OFF the table will assist me with item #1.

I wrote all this to say.....if you DON'T see me around here, on a daily basis, it is ONLY because I am focusing on "inputs", and trying to leave the "outputs" alone....
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for November...this month WILL be better!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Nov 1

Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Nov 2

Me: 2*
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Nov 3

Me: 3*
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Beeps, we'd notice if you wouldn't post - your numbers are motivational and your presence matters here. However, I cannot but agree that if you need a change of plan, than you should focus on that. Please do let us know how it goes -no LNS can simply mean no junk, no carbs, no sweets - whatever fits in your plan. It doesn't even have to involve a cut-off time.

I was away over the weekend and had a lovely bonding time with my toddler. I went slightly past my cut-off time, but it was only for a drink or because we did not finish dinner just at 8. Last night went great.

Me: 3* - LNS: 0

I aim for finishing dinner by 7, at least when it's in my power. Bed time: latest 10. Will try to post in advance if I there's a deviation in sight ;).
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Nov 4

Me: 4*
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 4
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yay! Everyone's looking great...and I'm going to break the mold. I did well except for last night. Last night was not so good at all. But I'm back on the ball tonight. I promise!

Me: 4
    LNS: 1*
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 5
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think I'm in the groove!

Me; 7
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Me: 6*
    LNS: 1

Doing better, folks. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm keeping my streak going!!

Me: 9
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm back....again (I think, I hope). :blushing:

Beeps and April - good going!!:drinker:

I'll see if I can catch up. I need this challenge to help get back on track. Have been out of control - living in the land of denial.

I'm going with the assumption of:

Me: 0
    LNS: 9

Starting tonight, nothing except water after 9:30 p.m. unless it's a special occasion that warrants 11:30 p.m. as a cut-off.

Have a great day everyone - it's gorgeous here in the Northeast!! The nicest Fall we've had in awhile.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 6 - LNS: 4

The weekend wasn't great, cos both nights I got home late (didn't eat out). Last night, though, I munched.
    On the whole, thinking of the challenge continues to help :smile:.

Zaza, need I say how happy I am to see you again? And that I am convinced you can catch up and get ahead! Good luck!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks dewdrop! I'm so happy to see you too.:smile:

I've only been at this challenge one night, but so far so good. The tide is turning in my direction (despite my ticker moving in the wrong direction:laugh: )

Me: 1
    LNS: 9
    Zaza
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Nov. 11

Me: 7*
    LNS: 4

Playing a little catch-up here. Sorry I've been AWOL with my posting.