2013 Wine and Dine Weekend (Nov 8-9)

Options
andrea9873
andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
My DH and I registered early at the Princess Half Expo! Anyone else considering our favorites: Food, Wine and Running?

Replies

• nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I signed up about a week ago. I've watched a Disney race before but this will be my first time running one. Can't wait!
  • redhead_k073
    redhead_k073 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to do the 5k at this event. I've never really done long distance running so I'm hoping to just be able to finish this one by November! I've already started walking and will start C25K on August 1.
  • tnkrbellsam
    Options
    Did you end up signing up for the 5K in Nov?
  • keenho
    keenho Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Here are the next few Disney Races I'm running! I've got other non-Disney races planned for this Fall also.

Walt Disney World Tower of Terror/October 5, 2013

Walt Disney World Wine & Dine Half/November 8, 2013 (My wife is walking this one!)

Walt Disney World Half Marathon/January 11, 2014 (My wife is doing the 10K and Half)

Walt Disney World Marathon/January 12, 2014 (My daughter is doing the Marathon (her 1st!))

^^^ This is my 5th Goofy!
  • keenho
    Options
    I'm bib #248 and I'll be in Corral A for this race! We fly out from Philadelphia this afternoon at 3:20 PM. Looking forward to the Food & Wine Festival and getting this race underway! Good to everyone running!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    How was everyone's race?
  • keenho
    Options
    I had a great race, a lot of fun too. I finished in 1:45:23, 7:57 pace. Based on my Garmin, my actual distance was 13.25.

I finished 311th out of 12,143 finishers
    I finished 237th out of 4,094 men finishers
    I finished 10th in my age group (Men 50-54) out of 328

I'm really happy with my effort and the results.

I thought the after-party in EPCOT was just too over crowded to enjoy. We walked back to BCV and didn't get to enjoy much, if any, of the After-Party.

Hope you did well!
  • heatherlas
    Options
    I had a great race, a lot of fun too. I finished in 1:45:23, 7:57 pace. Based on my Garmin, my actual distance was 13.25.

I finished 311th out of 12,143 finishers
    I finished 237th out of 4,094 men finishers
    I finished 10th in my age group (Men 50-54) out of 328

I'm really happy with my effort and the results.

I thought the after-party in EPCOT was just too over crowded to enjoy. We walked back to BCV and didn't get to enjoy much, if any, of the After-Party.

Hope you did well!

Way to go!! What a great job!!
  • keenho
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Grats everyone on the race I'm sure you all had a blast.