Other than CrossFit

Options
Good morning CrossFit Lovers!!
Other than CrossFit, what other exercises/activities do you participate?

Thanks!

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I try to run to 5ks a week on top 3-4 days of CrossFit.

This week I've been having a hard time getting out of bed, so it looks like 2 days of Crossfit and 2 days of running.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Running, bicycling, tennis. Mostly tennis.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Riding my bicycles!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting. Sometimes rowing. Looking into taking up boxing.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I play basketball, heavy lifting on Saturdays, battle rope training on my "rest days"...usually Wednesday, and I play a lot of Frisbee with my sons.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    swimming, running (though I'm not that good at it, so mostly short distance), lifting.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Run (just for races), parkour, and climbing
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Run 1-2 times a week, sometimes add some elliptical after the WOD sometimes if I feel it wasn't intense enough.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm a (currently sidelined with a stress fracture from overtraining) runner. I've been focusing on longer distances this year (10 milers and half marathons) but I have plans to scale back considerably once I've recovered from my injury. Hope to get in a few miles 2-3 times each week once I'm cleared to run again.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Running and walking. I think Crossfit has helped the running - it would kill me if I wasn't already dead from CF! :tongue:
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Running. I always keep a half-marathon on the horizon to keep me motivated lol.
    I also ride/train horses.
    CF has been HUGELY beneficial to both my riding and running endeavors!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I feel like my biggest gains from CF have been in my trunk and core, and that this has translated into increasing my 1RM across the board, often by significant amounts.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Other than CrossFit, what other exercises/activities do you participate?

I just signed up for the nike women's half marathon in DC. I don't find out until Dec 6th if we got in (it's a lottery), but I've started a 24 week training plan this week just in case. So, I run 3 days a week, crossfit three days a week, and one day a week I do cycling. I'm also doing the MS150 bike ride from houston to austin in april, so I have to train some for that.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Running and oly lifting class. I was a marathoner before crossfit so I love running and oly class because it's even great at helping me improve my technique in the c+j and snatch. I try and do 5 crossfit classes, 2 oly classes and 2-3 runs per week schedule permitting :)
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your responses!! I'm trying my best to get a flow going with my working out. I started crossfit about 6weeks ago. I think I'm gonna run the days I don't crossfit!! Thanks again everyone!! :-)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Just don't push too hard. You are going to need your rest after doing CF so your body can heal. We say in our box, you don't get stronger doing Crossfit, you get stronger resting after doing Crossfit.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend doing yoga on your off days. It really helps!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Running, swimming and biking. I have a half marathon next week and signed up for a half Ironman next summer.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Parenting. :laugh:

I CF 4-5 times a week and don't do anything else. CF is still the only exercise I've found that I don't loathe with every fiber of my being.
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nothing else for the past 5 months. I do crossfit 5 x week.