Hello new Symptoms!

Options
Hey everyone,

How are you all doing? I'm 25+2 now so in the 26th week and I've suddenly gone from feeling fantastic to feeling very achey all of the time!

I have stretchy pains in sides on and off during the day and occasionally sharp stitch-like pains in my sides when I turn over in the middle of the night...My lower back is so sore most of the time since last week and only really eases off when I can sit or lie with a hot water bottle on it. I can kind of walk it out, so to speak, but then later on it hurts again probably due to walking with a sore back! Catch 22.

So I think bubba is having a growth spurt causing my bump to get noticeably bigger and all these aches and pains!!

Indigestion has started too.... I'd never experienced it in my life until the past week or so. I don't think I've even got it that bad so hubby said this is probably just the start and to expect it to get a lot worse later-on as baby gets bigger (my hubby is a doctor, which is handy!)

So I'm in a bit of an achey, tired, 'Ouch!' situation at the moment and hope its just a phase for the time-being (which will no doubt return) coz everyone says you feel fab in the 2nd trimester. I'm only 2 weeks off the 3rd trimester now though so time is whizzing by.

How's everyone else doing?
Claire

Replies

• meghanvest
    Options
    Well I'm 21 and 4 and I'm starting to get a little winded randomly even though I workout almost everyday. Also TMI.........my boobs started leaking alot! Didn't happen with first pregnancy but is this time, gross.....
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 30 weeks yesterday and today started with constipation! This is SO unusual for me! I have been so hungry and eating more carbs than I'm use to , so I guess i have to go back to low carb .. just keep more raw veggies around :( 10 more weeks WOOT!!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    28 weeks - I'm having so much pelvic separation pain - in the back on the right side right in the middle of my butt (by the tailbone). Ouch! I have one pair of shoes that if I wear them I can make it through the day and walk around. Walking barefoot hurts by the end of the day, which sucks because I HATE shoes.
    I have had the indigestion so bad that I felt like I was dying. Luckily Tums work for me and I carry them with me wherever I go!
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

How are you all doing? I'm 25+2 now so in the 26th week and I've suddenly gone from feeling fantastic to feeling very achey all of the time!

I have stretchy pains in sides on and off during the day and occasionally sharp stitch-like pains in my sides when I turn over in the middle of the night...My lower back is so sore most of the time since last week and only really eases off when I can sit or lie with a hot water bottle on it. I can kind of walk it out, so to speak, but then later on it hurts again probably due to walking with a sore back! Catch 22.

I'm right here with you, Claire. I feel the constant side pain and back pain. For the most part, I just try to suck it up and be happy that he's growing. However, I have been having excruciating rib pain lately! I feel like my right rib is broken. It's insane. It takes my breath away and makes me cry like a wimp. I plan to discuss it with my doctor today, though I'm sure she will tell me it's all part of it! I'm not sure that I can handle this for 13 more weeks!
  • miranda_mom
    Options

I'm right here with you, Claire. I feel the constant side pain and back pain. For the most part, I just try to suck it up and be happy that he's growing. However, I have been having excruciating rib pain lately! I feel like my right rib is broken. It's insane. It takes my breath away and makes me cry like a wimp. I plan to discuss it with my doctor today, though I'm sure she will tell me it's all part of it! I'm not sure that I can handle this for 13 more weeks!

With my daughter I would get a pain in my ribs that felt like she had a hand wedged between my ribs and my lungs. So far, none of that this time. It really hurt though!
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and the heartburn/acid reflux has gotten insane. I made the mistake of having greasy food yesterday for supper and I'm still paying for it! Otherwise I have the aches and pains, and I found my leg and hip get sore when I lie on my left side while sleeping. Of course this is my preferred position so it's extra annoying Also my leg seems to go a bit numb which is new. I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow so I'm going to check in with her that this is all normal but I'm assuming it's just because I'm so much bigger now than I used to be.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 29 weeks tomorrow and the heartburn/acid reflux has gotten insane. I made the mistake of having greasy food yesterday for supper and I'm still paying for it! Otherwise I have the aches and pains, and I found my leg and hip get sore when I lie on my left side while sleeping. Of course this is my preferred position so it's extra annoying Also my leg seems to go a bit numb which is new. I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow so I'm going to check in with her that this is all normal but I'm assuming it's just because I'm so much bigger now than I used to be.

A pillow between your knees can be really helpful, if you're not doing that already.
  • rachael116
    Options
    I've been feeling really nauseated lately. It is weird and definitely coincides with the baby's movement. I'm ok with the kicks/punches so far, but when baby wants to roll and tumble around, it makes me sea-sick!!
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    My baby is a total cervix kicker. What's up with that? I swear half the kicks I feel are right in the cervix. Very painful!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yup, I had the excruciating rib pain for a couple of weeks until baby turned and got her big head out from under my rib cage. Now she kicks me is the stomach which makes me feel seasick. Other than that, the skin over my ribs is stretched so tight I feel like I'm being given a Chinese burn; if I roll over from left to right using my abs I get a sharp stabbing pain that nearly makes me cry; bubs keeps kicking me in the bowel, which just feels peculiar; I'm very aware of hogging the bed and try not too, to the point I've nearly fallen out a couple of times; I was out walking with a girlfriend and kept farting and simply couldn't stop it - fortunately, she just laughed and said she'd "forgotten that part of pregnancy"; I get puffed trying to tie my shoelaces; I've gotten really uncoordinated and keep walking into things; oh, and baby brain, oh my god, I now have the memory of a goldfish - can't remember names, words, dates, and can no longer do simple math in my head.

All in all, however, I'm having a really great and pretty easy pregnancy. Only 11 weeks to go!
  • Barefoot_Gaia
    Options
    Are you seeing a registered massage therapist? I go every 3 weeks, and it's wonderful.
  • SBerndt
    SBerndt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My baby is a cervix kicker as well! Happens all the time.
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nausea has decided to rear its ugly head recently- at 32 weeks baby is getting big (~4 pounds by scan) and when she moves I feel like I am on a rollercoaster! Sometimes it is so bad to the point where I can't eat (which is bad for my gestational diabetes)... I keep telling myself I only have 8 weeks left!