Don't you just HATE it when....

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
- You go to the Dr and explain what symptoms you still have (because you are clearly being UNDERtreated) and they look at you like you have 4 heads?
- getting up in the morning is a mental war with yourself: "get your @ss out of bed!!!", "no, please, just give me a few more minutes" - every day, no matter how much sleep you get
- brushing your hair turns into a wig collection kit, as in by the time you are done brushing all the hair that came out could probably be donated to Locks of Love or some such program to make a wig for a sick child.
- looking into the mirror frightens you; who the hell is that person with the puffy face and squinty eyes?!

**please add more! let's see how long we can keep this going**

Replies

• Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    - You don't have to worry as much about the peeling nail polish because its really just layers of your finger nails peeling.
    -Cold feet, warm heart :D
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    - cold butt, warm heart...LOL!
    - you put lotion on and wonder why you bothered because your skin still itches to the point it burns anyway
    - you can't remember what happened earlier that day, or even an hour ago
  • djserani
    Options
    -cold everything, even if it's 90 outside.
    -squirrel brains. I can't focus to save my life.
    -depression
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    - brushing your hair turns into a wig collection kit, as in by the time you are done brushing all the hair that came out could probably be donated to Locks of Love or some such program to make a wig for a sick child.

lol this comment is why I joined the group.. so funny!
  • RoseTears143
    Options

lol this comment is why I joined the group.. so funny!

It's nice to be able to joke about stuff with people that understand ^_^
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ...People who do NOT have chronic illness say "I know JUST how you feel... I felt like that one day..." ONE DAY?!?!? REALLY?!?!? I feel so BAD for you!!! LOL!!!
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    - you need to pee, but the bathroom seems SO far away...
    - you doze off while trying to study, but stare at the ceiling all night...
    - you enroll in school to finish your high school diploma and three years later haven't even finished Freshman year... :-(

Sorry, mine weren't funny...So, uhm...A guy walks into a bar...:tongue:
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    - you enroll in school to finish your high school diploma and three years later haven't even finished Freshman year... :-(

Maybe not funny, but entirely true! I feel you on all of it, especially the studying... I am still amazed that I got through my Bachelor's degree in an accelerated college cramming 5 years into 2 >_<. AND I had mono that took months to recover from in the mix. smh
  • AlyssaDarby13
    Options
    Maybe not funny, but entirely true! I feel you on all of it, especially the studying... I am still amazed that I got through my Bachelor's degree in an accelerated college cramming 5 years into 2 >_<. AND I had mono that took months to recover from in the mix. smh

Oh my goodness! I think you might be my new hero. I've got 9 months left before my deadline to be able to graduate and I still have about 3.5 "years" of work left. I am still going to try my hardest to get it done. Knowing you did it helps a little. :smile:
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    .....You're trying to decide if symptoms are due to the perimenopause or the thyroid. Either condition could have t decency to give me distinctly separate symptoms, but NOOOOOO :mad:
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    - you put things in completely NON-logical places for no reason and you don't recall doing it.

I went on a trip home to NY end of August and took my passport so I could go visit the falls. I cold not find my passport since I got home and I knew I had it because I kept it in my purse and remember taking it out when I got home. Turns out I decided that the cabinet over the microwave in the kitchen that I keep my tea and such in was the perfect place to keep my passport -_-. Only took my over a month to find it, and clearly that's the perfect place to keep it. Ugh!!!! lol
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    .....You're trying to decide if symptoms are due to the perimenopause or the thyroid. Either condition could have t decency to give me distinctly separate symptoms, but NOOOOOO :mad:

That is me, and I also wonder if the meds may cause some symtoms.
  • AlyssaDarby13
    Options
    - you put things in completely NON-logical places for no reason and you don't recall doing it.

I was just reorganizing some of my craft stuff last night and I found my favorite shirt (been missing for almost a year...You see how often I get around to crafting, lol) and my thermometer!!!! Why in the world would I have put those things there? I'm sure I had a reason at the time...
  • chazzi1969
    Options
    I went throught this all with my doctor almost 18 years ago and finally I was referred to a Naturopathic Doctor and the minute I walked into his practice he asked me if I was tested for low thyroid. He placed me on Natural Thyroid. I believe in the US it is referred to as Amour Thyroid, in Canada, it is just called Thyroid.

I also went to see a medical Doctor, who was the only one in my area who would prescribe this and he also put me on Natural Progesterone cream, which was made up at a compounding pharmacy.

Once all my hormones and thyroid stabilized, I went on the Isagenix Program and lost 60lbs - that was about 8 years ago and slowly the weight is creeping on.

I need to lose about 20 lbs to be in an okay range again, despite all the changes I have made, I am struggling to shed those pounds!

:cry:
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I went throught this all with my doctor almost 18 years ago and finally I was referred to a Naturopathic Doctor and the minute I walked into his practice he asked me if I was tested for low thyroid. He placed me on Natural Thyroid. I believe in the US it is referred to as Amour Thyroid, in Canada, it is just called Thyroid.

I also went to see a medical Doctor, who was the only one in my area who would prescribe this and he also put me on Natural Progesterone cream, which was made up at a compounding pharmacy.

Once all my hormones and thyroid stabilized, I went on the Isagenix Program and lost 60lbs - that was about 8 years ago and slowly the weight is creeping on.

I need to lose about 20 lbs to be in an okay range again, despite all the changes I have made, I am struggling to shed those pounds!

:cry:

I was on Armour for about 8 months myself and felt better on that than on levo or synthroid. But feel even better on Westhroid-P. I do suggest to people to look at what they eat though as it might be a food you have an intolerance to flaring your Hashi's making weight loss very hard.

Hang in there!!! xo
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I'm talking to someone mid sentence and completely lose my train of thought - not for a second or two (or ten) the thoug is gone completely
    - when I get thought of as much older than I am because of the hairloss, dry and brittle skin and dark circles
    - when my rapid and irregular heartbeats are brushed off as 'all in my head' or anxiety

Yes I do have anxiety because no dr seems to be able to tell me what the he!! Is wrong with my body and that is making me anxious!!
  • chazzi1969
    Options
    Samjoy:

This is a great site I used when I was first diagnosed and in researching more, through this site I found a doctor who specialized in Thyroid problems and who took a more natural approach. http://thyroid.about.com/

Find a doctor - http://thyroid.about.com/cs/doctors/a/topdocs.htm

I heard for almost two years that it was "all in my head" . . . . my weight topped at 220lbs, my hair was everywhere, I would wake up, eat something and fall back asleep, every joint in my body hurt and I would have to crawl up my stairs the anxiety was bad, I was scared to do anything (drive - afraid to get in an accident; get groceries - I would fret over what to buy/how much I could/should spend; and the list went on - simple decisions seemed life changing to me) - You're not alone . . . . I don't know how that could have all been "in my head" - but we live and learn. I also read a book called Woman's Bodies, Women's Wisdom by Christiane Northrup - lots of very valuable information for women.

I hope this helps.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad. I don't have a diploma or GED either.
    My psychotic mom pulled me out of school to homeschool me the last 2 years of Hs.
    One day I might get my ged...
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options

I went on a trip home to NY end of August and took my passport so I could go visit the falls. I cold not find my passport since I got home and I knew I had it because I kept it in my purse and remember taking it out when I got home. Turns out I decided that the cabinet over the microwave in the kitchen that I keep my tea and such in was the perfect place to keep my passport -_-. Only took my over a month to find it, and clearly that's the perfect place to keep it. Ugh!!!! lol

Lol
    I've left my phone and keys in the fridge!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    lol :)