Week 1 weigh in

Options
Hello everyone and Happy Monday!! I see that some of you already weighed in for the week and are doing great!!! :smile: congrats to both of you! Here is the weigh in thread so we can all keep up with each other. I will weigh in on Wednesday of this week, but for others that are ready to record their loss after week one, here you go!!!

I really like this format that licha75 uses (but you can use whatever format you chose, of course!)
I weigh in Fridays, a short week but still managed to lose some weight, mostly water weight at first. Is this the board we write our weigh ins?

Nov. 4 : 275lbs (SW)
Nov. 8 : 270.2lbs - lost 4.8lbs (CW)
Nov. 15 :
Nov. 22 :
Nov. 29 :
Dec 6 :
Dec 13 :
Dec 20 :
Dec.25 -Christmas : 250lbs (GW)

Replies

• vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I was really worried this past weekend. Since my date Friday night, I've been slacking on my healthy eating. lol And haven't worked out since Thursday. Thursday being really stormy and lightning carried out till Saturday. =\ Good thing I didn't run. Lightning struck one of the poles by the path I would have been running. I never do anything for Sundays. Sunday is a day of rest. =) Anyways, Here are my stats!

Nov.4: 192 lbs
    Nov.11: 190.4 lbs (-1.6 lbs)
    Nov.18:
    Nov.25:
    Dec.2:
    Dec.9:
    Dec.16:
    Dec.23:
    Dec.25: GW: 180 lbs (Updated)

I prefer to lose 16 pounds from today but that almost seems unrealistic to me. It is the lowest weight I've gone down to ever and I want to get back to it before the years ends. Any advice? Should I make that my goal with the risk of discouragement?
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I was really worried this past weekend. Since my date Friday night, I've been slacking on my healthy eating. lol And haven't worked out since Thursday. Thursday being really stormy and lightning carried out till Saturday. =\ Good thing I didn't run. Lightning struck one of the poles by the path I would have been running. I never do anything for Sundays. Sunday is a day of rest. =) Anyways, Here are my stats!

Nov.4: 192 lbs
    Nov.11: 190.4 lbs (-1.6 lbs)
    Nov.18:
    Nov.25:
    Dec.2:
    Dec.9:
    Dec.16:
    Dec.23:
    Dec.25: GW: 180 lbs (Updated)

I prefer to lose 16 pounds from today but that almost seems unrealistic to me. It is the lowest weight I've gone down to ever and I want to get back to it before the years ends. Any advice? Should I make that my goal with the risk of discouragement?

I would honestly say, I think it is attainable. You do not have as much to lose now, but if you really push yourself you can reach it. If you don't, do not let it discourage you. When you look at the bigger picture, if you are losing and not gaining, you should never be unhappy about that! Great job :smile: and, wow...glad you didnt go out for your run. I am terrified of storms! lol
  • vahine03
    Options
    Thank you =) I will definitely make it my goal! And I will not let it discourage me. You're right. As long as I am losing, I should be happy. =)
  • mikeyo30
    Options
    November 4: 227
    November 11 : 224
    November 18
    November 25
    Decmeber 2
    December 9
    December 16
    December 23
    December 25 Goal weight 202
  • mikeyo30
    Options
    November 18
    November 25
    Decmeber 2
    December 9
    December 16
    December 23
    Not a bad start for the first week off and running. Feeling motivated.
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    I had my official weigh-in last night. I'm happy to report that I had a four pound loss last week.

Nov. 4 : 207 (SW)
    Nov. 8 : 203 (CW)
    Nov. 15 :
    Nov. 22 :
    Nov. 29 :
    Dec 6 :
    Dec 13 :
    Dec 20 :
    Dec.25 -Christmas : 180ish (GW)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh in until Thursdays, so I will put my information in then. I hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • vahine03
    Options
    @Mikeyo & @GRUNO - You guys did great! Good Job =D
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    @Mikeyo & @GRUNO - You guys did great! Good Job =D

Thanks! I feel like I'm back on track and having this group is really helping keep focused on my goals.
  • heatherannh23
    heatherannh23 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing in this week as I had a stomach virus the past two nights so I know it's all off now, especially now that I can finally eat again :D Hopefully it'll all be back to normal by this time next week.
  • annamtrx
    annamtrx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ●☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆●

STARTING STATISTICS
    NAME: aNNa
    HT: 5'9
    SW: 197
    GW: 175

WEDNESDAY WEIGH-INs
    ~~ 11/06/13 - 197 lbs
    ~~ 11/13/13 - 196 lbs

●☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆●

I should probably admit something up front: I have a wonky scale. I have to step on it probably nine to ten times, and I go with whatever weight comes up three times first. Because it's wonky. Last challenge, I bought a new scale. It doesn't register the first ten pounds, so it's even MORE off. Don't ask. And I got 195 twice, but 196 came up three times, so that's the nombre de jour. But I giddily cling to the idea that maybe if I'd tried it twice more they would've been 195s. No matter - don't mind me. We stick with 196. A pound is a pound is a pound, in my book!

But I did learn something this week: When one wants to go out for Mexican, one must fast the WHOLE rest of the day, or one will be over the food intake number thinger here. By about six hunnid calories. Who knew? Maybe that's why they always show abuelas on TV as rotund silver-haired matrons? Hrm. Maybe I should take up Chinese food instead - you never see obese orientals. I don't know, but that shocked the SOCKS off me! And that was half a plate of Mexican - I split it with my daughter!! :noway:

Oh! And I do Weigh-in Wednesdays. Because anal Anna's alliterate. Don't ask. You'll get used to it by the end of the challenge. It won't matter, in the long run...
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's great progress you guys!

Hope you're feeling better asap @HeatherAnn !

Nov 06: 193.8
    Nov 13: 192.5 (-1.3 lbs)

GW: 170 (by Dec 25th)

I'm off to a slow start, but every ounce and pound counts! The holidays are near. I'm getting nervous. I've been eating at restaurants more often than I should though I am making much better choices than I used to. I live near New Orleans. Everything is food-centric here... I love food too much. (sigh)
  • vahine03
    Options
    @heatherann I hope you'll get better soon! I've had my share of that early this year. =s ugh

@anna My scale is the same. I learned, though, that if I could figure out the exact spot I've put my scale at my last weigh in, I'd be able to get better readings. It took me 10 tries to figure that out, suspecting that if i shifted the scale here and there I'll figure out what the problem was. And thanks for the tips on Mexican food. =) There is a place nqear where i live. I was thinking of trying it out. haha.

@dzlilo It's funny how only once I've started or decided to lose weight, I've built this love for food. Willing to try new things. If this area was a food-centric place, I don't think I'll could survive. lol Good luck to you.

Great Job Everyone! =0)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well I am down 2.4 lbs this week. Not too bad for the first week.

11/07: 217 lbs
    11/14: 214.6 lbs (-2.4 lbs)

Hopefully I can keep this momentum going. Even with people bringing donuts into work. Keep the will power strong.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    wow, everybody is doing great! I'm getting worried for my weigh in tomorrow, I don't see the scale going down much. I blame it on my husband, he HAD to have a birthday which means cake and he wanted Chinese food for supper. when I was reading Anna's post about Mexican food and how Chinese might be better, well to let you all know, Chinese food has lots of calories and sodium! :sad: I don't think our Chinese food is the same as over there, because I don't see myself losing weight if I eat that food all the time, although it was really good! Oh well no more big events before x'mas so it should be easier, haha. (said with lots of sarcasm)! Between get togethers, x'mas parties at work and friends, I'm hoping for the best. I can do this! I'd love to start the New Year back on track.
  • vahine03
    Options
    @afng4n051 Great Job! You did amazing and you have very good will power. If I seen those doughnuts, Oh-em-Gee, I'd eat it. lol! Yup I would. haha. So i'm proud of you! =D

@licha75 Tell me about it. There are sooo many birthdays in November and December, here, I've got lots to worry about. Not to mention the number of Holiday feasts going on. But good luck with the weigh in. What ever happens, don't let it drag you down. We're still rooting for you! Licha! Licha! Licha!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yay. Thought that Dairy queen cake and Chinese food I ate over the weekend would of affected me more but I did well the rest of the week. I'm on my way! 8.1 lbs gone, another 16.9lbs to go before Christmas.

Nov. 4 : 275lbs (SW)
    Nov. 8 : 270.2lbs - lost 4.8lbs
    Nov. 15 : 266.9 - lost 3.3lbs (CW)
    Nov. 22 :
    Nov. 29 :
    Dec 6 :
    Dec 13 :
    Dec 20 :
    Dec.25 -Christmas : 250lbs (GW)
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    SW : 204
    GW for Christmas: 184

11/01: 204
    11/08: 202
    11/15: 201
    11/22:
    11/29:
    12/06:
    12/13:
    12/20:
    12/25:
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    November 18
    November 25
    Decmeber 2
    December 9
    December 16
    December 23

Fantastic!!! So proud of you :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    ●☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆●

STARTING STATISTICS
    NAME: aNNa
    HT: 5'9
    SW: 197
    GW: 175

WEDNESDAY WEIGH-INs
    ~~ 11/06/13 - 197 lbs
    ~~ 11/13/13 - 196 lbs

●☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆● ☆●

I should probably admit something up front: I have a wonky scale. I have to step on it probably nine to ten times, and I go with whatever weight comes up three times first. Because it's wonky. Last challenge, I bought a new scale. It doesn't register the first ten pounds, so it's even MORE off. Don't ask. And I got 195 twice, but 196 came up three times, so that's the nombre de jour. But I giddily cling to the idea that maybe if I'd tried it twice more they would've been 195s. No matter - don't mind me. We stick with 196. A pound is a pound is a pound, in my book!

But I did learn something this week: When one wants to go out for Mexican, one must fast the WHOLE rest of the day, or one will be over the food intake number thinger here. By about six hunnid calories. Who knew? Maybe that's why they always show abuelas on TV as rotund silver-haired matrons? Hrm. Maybe I should take up Chinese food instead - you never see obese orientals. I don't know, but that shocked the SOCKS off me! And that was half a plate of Mexican - I split it with my daughter!! :noway:

Oh! And I do Weigh-in Wednesdays. Because anal Anna's alliterate. Don't ask. You'll get used to it by the end of the challenge. It won't matter, in the long run...

lol this made me giggle for so many reasons! including the fact that I must weigh at least 3 times to get a consistant reading too. What is that all about? LOL congrats to you!