Purple Team-Week 5

Options
mmommaj
mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
Good morning, Purple team...I am still missing a few weights from yesterday...Please get those in ASAP. Thanks...Haven't watched yet. but looking forward to it.
Hope you are all having a great day!
Mell

Replies

• mmommaj
    Options
    ****Challenge summary*****
    1) post in the main week 5 thread a full recipe (all directions and include nutrition information) that includes fruit and/or vegetables
    2) consult with your team to create a full meal (starter, main dish, side, dessert) under 1000 calories and submit one meal as a team through PM to soccerella by 8 PM EST thursday
    3) Teams meals will be posted anonymously and voting will take place for best meal (based on calories, creativity, appeal, etc)
    4) you do not HAVE to vote to get credit this week, challenge completion is based on posting your recipe correctly in the week 5 thread.

Okay ladies...we need to get on this...I would love the points, especially since my scale is not moving. :)
    Let me know what you think and I will try checking during the day at work. :)
    Starter:
    Main Dish:
    Side:
    Desert:

Suggestions...
    I am going to enter this as my recipe on the main thread...but weight watchers has a killer garden veggie soup. (I modify at home, but will enter the recipe as is on here when I get home).
    Or...something that is a summer go to for myself is a spinach salad with toppings such as sliced Strawberries or mandarin oranges, sunflower seed nuts, and grilled chicken. Could this count as both a starter and a main dish??? With the oranges, I find there is enough "juice" I don't have to use any dressing.
    Dessert...maybe baked apples...??? Have to check on the calories.
    Just some ideas...what do you think...???
    Mell
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a good dessert that I found on MFP awhile back. I do it all the time because its so yummy and easy!

Mixed fruit bars

two simple ingredients, a box of angel food cake and a bag of frozen fruit (defrosted)

Betty Crocker - Angel Food Cake Mix, 1 container 1,680 total calories
    Great Value - No Sugar Added Berry Medley With Strawberries,Blackberries,Blueberries & Red Raspberries, 1 container (3 cups ea.) 210 total calories

Preheat oven to 400
    Mix cake mix and bag of fruit together in a large bowl (do not add the water as described on cake box).
    Place in an ungreased 9x13 cake pan (or similar size)
    bake ~30 minutes or until top of cake is a golden brown
    Allow to cool slightly and cut into "bars"

You can reduce the serving size even more by making smaller bars, but this assumes one tray making 24 bars

Total: cals:1,890 carbs:435 fat:2 protein:27 sodium:3,720 sugar:306
    Per Serving: cals: 79 carbs: 18 fat: 0 protein: 1 sodium:155 sugar:13

its got a bit of carbs and sugar, but its low cal, low sodium, and fat free! You can use any type of fruit you like, the moisture from the fruit reacts with the cake mix to create a light, fluffy, and very yummy cake bar
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    have a breakfast that i like it's from the biggest loser

strawberry breakfast banana split

1 1/2 tsp fat free, sugar free hot fudge
    1 small banana chopped up, they say cut it in half
    1/4 cup fat free, sugar free vanilla yogurt
    1/3 cup chopped strawberries
    1 tbs crunchy high fiber low sugar cereal ( i use grape nuts)

195 calories one serving, 5g protein, 46g carb, 5g fiber 88mg sodium, less than 1g fat
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry I didn't participant this week. No internet at home and it has been extremely busy. I will do better next week.

No change in weight
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    weight is 193 ugh!!!!!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Im down a little this week, but not nearly enough! The good news is my, bf% has increased, but its still at 33% and my weight is still above what I started at.

Im going to really kick it into gear this week and stay on track! I head out on a cruise next sat and with thanskgiving being next week and all too I really want to be heading in the right direction going into those events
  • pambo1999
    pambo1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    173.0pounds down .6pounds
  • mmommaj
    Options
    I gained this week...198.5 (yuck)
    I am still missing a couple weights ladies. I am sorry for the lack of communication on my part. I have not been feeling all to great...(foot issues) I hope to do better this week.
    Mell
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,334 Member
    Options
    I'm back from a crazy last couple weeks since my stitches are out now! My kids are also gone! I'm not going to weigh in till Friday though sorry since yesterday was the first time I logged in over a week! I'm planning on getting my workout done for the challenge though! Later after my workout I will post my later tonight here my workout!