Ultra sounds

2»

Replies

• spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    I'm having the blood tests and ultrasound with this one too. My hospital didn't offer it with my first two, now they do. So I had nothing but everything to worry about before. Now they'll tell me specific things to worry about. I'm nervous about results (kind of, I don't have any reason to think there will be a problem) but really I just wanted another reason to see baby. So I'm excited Monday is my ultrasound and first bloods. Best of luck with yours!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    OMG it was an amazing experience!!! :love: The blood test wasn't so bad and I got see my little pumpkin squirm and stand up in my belly. We even got to see him/her trying to place their hand by their mouth...learning how to thumb suck. WOW. I can't believe this is all happening inside my body. We are truly lucky to be able to have this experience.

Thanks for all the kind messages and encouragement. It wasn't bad at all. :smile:
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    I had my 3rd ultrasound last week ( bc of past m/c's my doctor wanted to check often and yuppiieee all is welll. Im so relieved and baby grew so much in 3 weeks he was so babylike and moving around. And the heartbeat just always amazes me
  • I had more first one on October 25th at 11 weeks 4 days (thought I was 12+2 but I was wrong in my calculations!). I have pictures from the ultrasound and it was super exciting and strange to see baby up on the screen! I have my anatomy scan December 23rd at 20 weeks.

I'm 24 so testing for downs was optional for me but I opted to test for it so I had a blood draw with my ultrasound, nothing major, just one vial and the nurse did it right in the waiting area of the ultrasound office.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    I've got to hear the heartbeat twice now, once at 11.5 weeks and once at 15.5 weeks. I will be having my first (and probably only) u/s in a couple weeks. :)
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    I had my first last week. It looks like we are having a little girl, like everyone else in our neighborhood:)
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    I had my first last week. It looks like we are having a little girl, like everyone else in our neighborhood:)

Congrats! So exciting!! Did you already have your 20 week ultrasound or was the baby just positioned correctly that they could tell this early?
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Had an appointment today for the 13 week check up, but won't have another ultrasound until 18 weeks (that's right, Christmas Eve!!!). Such a long time to wait to find out the gender!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    I am 10.5 weeks now. Still haven't heard the heartbeat, won't until mid December :(
    Probably get an ultrasound in February.
  • superhelga

Congrats! So exciting!! Did you already have your 20 week ultrasound or was the baby just positioned correctly that they could tell this early?

We had an early ultrasound (down syndrome screening) The lady asked if we wanted to know the gender. Quite a surprise. Apparently even tough the genitalia are very similar an penis looking at what was then 13 weeks, they can tell from the angle. But its not 100% certain. Bizarre and magic to see that little person bouncing around in there:)
  • superhelga
    Anybody have pictures to share? Here is a how to, but I cant seem to get it to work myself. Maybe because my image is on google drive

:

Hosting the Picture

1) Go to an image-hosting site (for example, photobucket or tinypic- photobucket requires making an account). Upload your picture. To do this, click the button that says "Browse" and choose your photo from there. When you have selected your photo and clicked "OK", click the UPLOAD button.
    2) Wait until it is completely loaded and shows you a bunch of different codes. We're going to use the URL that's called IMG (or Image) code. Highlight the entire code, right click, and click "copy".

Placing the Picture on MFP
    1) Get onto your favorite board or wherever you would like to post the picture, and start your message. Now, right click inside this typing/text box, and click "Paste", The code that you coped earlier should show up. You may notice that the code looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /IMG ]

Well, that's all fine and dandy, except that we can't have those capital letters in there.

2) Take the code that you have down, and change the capital IMG to lowercase img (on both ends of the code), so that it looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ img ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /img ]

0B8olC60pipHAZHpSalp5S0w0Q0E
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Good morning ladies!! We had our gender scan last Friday and we are having a girl! I can't believe how awesome the experience was! She was moving every where and they were having trouble getting the pics because of it! I would post a picture but I haven't scanned them yet. I hope everyone is doing well still! :)