Daily Motivation!

Options
Slivnfree
Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
This is a place to come to get motivation to keep going, get going, or read post from other member's that want to give advise or receive advise. I will also post a food ideas on here if I find one I think is a good, simple, easy one. I encourage all of you to do the same.

We are in this journey together, we are starting together, and I want us all to finish together. It is only 6 weeks of your time. I will not hound you if you don't weigh-in, I will not put you down for not eating right or eat to few calories. We are all here because we have weight to lose and I understand we all lose it differently. I will tell you I will be here if you need someone to lift your spirits, to get you going again, to make you feel better on a bad day (You will have them), and encourage you to keep going.

I love challenges to be honest, so I am looking at these 6 weeks as a challenge. If I fail I am okay, because I will give it 110% of my full focus and I know I tried my best. I would still be healthier then I would have been if I didn't do anything for 6 weeks right?

So get ready peeps!

6 weeks + healthy foods + exercise = Success!

Replies

• Slivnfree
    Options
  • stages95
    stages95 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

When is the best time to weigh in during the day to achieve a true figure?

Does it even matter? :smile:
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning. I think that is what they say to do to get your actual weight.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Are we eating back exercise calories? All of them/some of them..... discuss!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat back most of my exercise calories, mainly so I'm not insanely hungry the next day! I'll sometimes save some for a weekend, but make sure I net over 1200.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks!

Btw I've just changed my profile picture - this was taken in Menorca at the end of June - my legs aren't quite as trim now as they were in my previous picture so I felt it wasn't an accurate reflection of me! Working on it though!
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    They recommend that you eat back calories. I eat when I am hungry and don't when I not. At the end of the day I am usually 300-400 under my calories, but am not hungry. Just go with what your body is telling you to do.
  • HappySugarFree
    HappySugarFree Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi,

When is the best time to weigh in during the day to achieve a true figure?

Does it even matter? :smile:

:)
    I weigh in the morning too, because I know I haven't had coffee or breakfast yet, so it's the 'true-est figure' for me. But I weigh everyday, and watch it go up and down, so I guess what really matters to me is the eventual downward trend. I have lost almost 2 stone since 2009 but my graph looks like zig zag sewing machine trailing down off the page ... so, all that to say, the true figure doesn't matter to me as long as the zig zags keep moving down :D
  • Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just had a conversation with a friend yesterday about food. She was moaning about not having time to cook. Neither do I, really. So I told her about this great thing I have been doing....

3 string cheese, cheese sticks on a plate, in the microwave for 30 seconds, add some marinara sauce and presto - non-breaded cheese sticks. Super yummy. Add some turkey lunch meat or some spinach to dress it up. Quick and easy.
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Uneeknitter, what a lovely cheesy meal. My mouth's watering at the description.
    What works for me for eating right is on the weekend, I cook a beef dish say on Friday, a chicken dish on Saturday and something else on Sunday. Eat one portion then put the 3 other portions in the fridge for the working days when I work late or simply just don't want to cook after a hard day at work. Just a suggestion, maybe it will work for you (& your friend) or not. Just thought I'd mention this in case it will . . .
  • sharon_in_missouri
    Options
    The cheese stick idea sounds delicious! I have very little time to cook but am using my crockpot more and have found it helps tremendously. I made smoked ham and cabbage from the Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker cookbook yesterday. Threw it in before church and then forgot about it until dinner time. The ham was delicious, cabbage was a bit too salty for my taste but was okay. Nonetheless, leftover ham for lunches and another dinner this week. I am going to cook a turkey breast in the crockpot later this week (same cookbook).
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    Sound all so yummy. I am lucky enough to be a SAHM, so I don't have to worry to much about time when it come to cooking. But I do have a few good yummy recipes. One it a Chicken Brest (De-boned and skinless) cooked in olive oil, season to taste. Once that is done set it aside and add fresh spinach to the pan with a little more olive oil and minced garlic. Lightly fry it so it is warm covered in olive oil and garlic. Add that on the side of your chicken. The whole time you are cooking this have crescents in the oven browning. Whole thing takes 15 minute about to make.
  • HappySugarFree
    HappySugarFree Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I cook a beef dish say on Friday, a chicken dish on Saturday and something else on Sunday. Eat one portion then put the 3 other portions in the fridge for the working days when I work late or simply just don't want to cook after a hard day ...
    I really like this idea :-)
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    Okay here we go! If you haven't done the Official weigh-in please do so so we can encourage each other to get through the next 6 weeks. That's it just 6 week! We can do this!
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    This is a group of (5) short success stories. All using different techniques.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/weight-loss/lose-weight-inspiration-stories-5

Here are Pictures of Before and After with short stories.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/success-stories/25-pounds-lost/before-and-after-weight-loss-success-photos/#page=1

(Copy and Paste)
  • Sailor_Xa
    Sailor_Xa Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Hey thanks so much 4 these recipes! :)
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You will want to weigh in the morning with no shoes and little to no clothing. Also before you eat or drink anything. I weigh myself 2-4 times a week.
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Push yourself peeps, we can do this!
  • Slivnfree
    Options
    I just did 30 minutes of Insanity!

Don't have it?

Neither do I!

I went to Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceAn9-uVIiA