It is so QUIET in here!

Options
Where are all my 20 somethings at?!

Looking for some new friends on here to keep me motivated and accountable....

A little bit about myself:

I'm 28, and have been dreading my 30th birthday since I hit, like 25? (I know, pathetic, right?!?!) I decided towards the beginning of this year, that instead of dreading the big 3-0, I was going to make it my best year yet! Most of that being focused on my weight and getting healthier. I've lost 50 lbs since January and have about 100 to lose to meet my goal weight.

I'm single and don't have any children, so really, this is the best time for me to focus on ME. My top priority right now is working out. I make all my plans around my running and Zumba. I know at some point it won't be possible to make so much time for it, but right now, that's what I gotta do.

Just a quick before (at my highest in 2009...probably about 320-330)

12009May2_zpsd1151306.jpg

and a during (256 lbs)
z2013November2_zpsdafa5dd0.jpg

Add me :)

Replies

• NerwenAldarion
    NerwenAldarion Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just joined the group myself so I thought this was a good place to start with introductions.

I'm 23 turning 24 in two days and I currently lost probably over 50 pounds. I can only guesstimate how much I weighed but I think I was in the 160's to 170's (size 12-14) and now I'm at 118 in size 0-2.

/Users/jenniferconley/Downloads/IMG_0089.jpg

This is me before, I'm so embarrassed by this pic.

/Users/jenniferconley/Downloads/1383163_661074847257941_42055648_n.jpg

This is me a couple of months ago, I'm smaller now but I don't have any pics.
  • EleMeleUkulele
    EleMeleUkulele Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! Wow, you both came such a long way, you should definitely be proud of yourselves! 50 pounds, wowie-wow-wow :)

(By the way, Jennifer, I believe the links you posted are for pictures on your computer. If you want to upload pics to the internet, there is a topic on MFP that covers it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1041112-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-tutorial-with-pics )

A little about me... I'm Gosia (short for Małgorzata, which is a Polish equivalent of Margaret), I'm 27 (don't worry, Jenna, I've been dreading that 30th birthday too!) and working as a UI designer (sitting in front of the monitor all day, so yeah, I swear I gotta get some regular exercise soon). I'm living with my boyfriend (I kind of dislike the term 'domestic partnership'), not planning to have kids for at least two years more, but we do want to get a dog! :)

Oh and measurements - I'm 171 cm (5'7) and weigh around 64 kg (142 lbs). Nice to meet you! :)
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll I'm Marissa. I'm 27 and also not looking forward to the big 3-0 and in a similar boat of wanting to get my life, body, and mind where I want them before I settle down. I have been heavy my whole life and have lost weight before just to gain it back but I never made it to my goal of 150. I am 5'5 and weight 206 currently I have already lost 29 pounds which I feel extremely proud of. It is my goal to get to 150 by my birthday which is June 1st. I have a goal plan of 10lbs a month and need some addtional motivation and accountability to finally get and stay at my goal weight.

Add me if you would like :)