New here!

Options
ashlbubba
ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
Hey Ladies-

My due date was recently adjusted from April 30th to May 1st (as if this babe is coming either of those days! Hah!) so I figured I'd join this group too- more support for me!

I'm currently 16.5 weeks pregnant with our first and we're planning an out of hospital birth. I went from being able to run a mile to taking a break when I get to the top of the stairs! I didn't think I'd feel this "pregnant" for a few more months... I'm not good at slowing down so it's really tough for me to have limitations.. my husband's been really great about it though.

I lost 35 lbs before I got pregnant and I'm hoping to have keep my gains responsible and reasonable. Currently I'm at about +7.5 lbs which I am comfortable with.

Happy Pregnancies Ladies!!

Replies

• OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hello! & Welcome!!

I know the feeling about reaching limitations! I ran a 1/2 marathon in June and now I can barely do two miles and I significantly slowed down my pace. It's all good though, I'm creating a human!!!!! LOL. So now that my yucky 1st trimester symptoms have left I'm just now doing some modified weight training and light running and watching what I eat.

I'm 15 1/2 weeks and due on May 10th with my first pumpkin.

Pleasure to meet you!!:flowerforyou:
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean!!!! from last october to this august, i gained an incredible love for health, fitness, and exercising. then about a week after finding out i was pregnant, i hit a wall that completely drained my energy for the next two months. i am finally bouncing back and plan to have exercise back into my routine very soon. it just won't be at 5 AM anymore...

welcome to the may group, and congrats on your pregnancy! i'm due may 21. hope you are able to stick with your goals and make healthy choices!