Options
Qski
Qski Posts: 246 Member
Happy New Zombie Week Runner 5s!

Replies

• Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well, it's awesome!

@cynforgiven - I see that you said the app will now log straight to MFP via runkeeper? I actually run endomondo in the background while I am doing it and that logs straight through. I will look into runkeeper though - I think another app I downloaded (on how to get to 100 pushups - highly amusing cos it senses your nose to the screen) - not that I have done any yet.

@vaurigard15- Woo hoo! you are Runner5!
    So excited for you running so much that is totally awesome!

I have quite bad shin splints today -(only did 7 minutes on treadmill for a warm up and running really hurt!) after my last wunning mission yesterday (Tue for me). I felt way less energetic this morning with the PT but we did mostly body weight work and the worlds worst exercise lunges - lunges how do I hate thee let me count the ways. I had to do forward and reverse lunges as one move and then do the same thing up a step lifting one foot high.

Stretching after was agony and its cool in the office now but my quads (feet resting on my little footstool) are burny warm.
    but still proud and happy that I am doing this and getting out there and getting up early (seriously not something I am known for)
  • cynforgiven
    Options
    Still mentally out of it , but at least not physically as weak as over the weekend. I think it's just a case of the 'blahs' because the job hunt isn't going as well as I had hoped. The only job offer I've had is night shift with a 90 minute commute (one way). Not what I was hoping for, but the bills have to be paid.

I am back on the zombie training. i did the "Ultraviolet" 5k race mission on the elliptical yesterday but at low speed and low tension. I was going to go walk outside, but was afraid I wouldn't have the energy/strength to make it back. I figured doing to elliptical if i got weak or lightheaded or anything I could just stop and not have to figure out how to haul myself back home.

Today I did make it outside for a short walk (funny how I think of 2 miles/40 minutes as a short walk now) and did my first air drop :happy: I was kinda worried bc I've heard tell that some ppl never "found" their drop and such, but the voice cue came up exactly where I'd tagged the drop for so that's good. I guess zooming in as far as possible before picking a drop point helped as well. And walking outside helped my mood a bit as well, so all's good for now.

Vaugirard - you are doing great on your missions! I can't wait until I've built up enough lung endurance to run/jog/wog/ralk/whatever at least part of my missions. I tried a light jog the last outside walk i did last week. i think i did about 30 seconds before my lungs were heaving and i had to stop. No problems walking, but "jogging" at the same pace about had me on the ground. I'll get there eventually though :)

Qski - you're tearing it up with your weight training! :glasses: Good for you! I miss the free gym where i used to work. It looked (and kinda smelled) like someone's shed they'd piled all their equipment into, but it did the trick. My current plan is to get a stretch band and work out a strength training routine, but for now even just going through the motions without weight from waist up is enough (especially my arms that have no muscle strength at all)

Keep up the good work Runners!
  • Vaugirard15
    Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Where are you, Runner 5s? Hope the zoms haven't snagged you! ;-)

It's impossible to run on this business trip. Plenty of sidewalks but all with tons of people… and not much free time. Leave my hotel early a.m. and return late evening. But, the conference is a mile away in a HUGE conference center so I'm racking up lots of steps every day so that will just have to suffice.