Goals

Options
rockstarginaa
rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
What are your running goals - distance, races, PR, etc?

Replies

• ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Qualify for Boston in 2014. Run Boston in 2015.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    baby steps:
    2012: run my first 5K. CHECK.
    2013: run monthly 5Ks. run my first 10K. CHECK, CHECK.
    2014: run monthly 5/10Ks. run my first HM.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to be all that pace driven. My goals usually center around distances and my main goal right now is to complete an ultra - most likely it'll be a trail 50k and it'll be next fall (I already have the race picked out, just waiting for the organization to officially schedule it for 2014). Depending on how that goes, maybe a 50 miler is in my future, I just don't know. I'm loving trail running right now.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    To become an Ultra runner! I'm signed up for 2 ultras next year already (a 50K in March and a 12 hour race in April)...hoping they go well.

And SOMEDAY qualify for and run Boston. This is more of a long term thing though because I'm nowhere near running at a pace to qualify. I may just wait until I'm 60 so I don't have to run as fast...lol.
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    For 2014:

1/2 marathon - PR under 2 hours
    Full marathon - PR 4:30:00
    Mile - under 8 minutes
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My general goals for 2013 were simple:

Run zero miles on the treadmill and re-qualify for Boston. The re-qual is in the books and I'm still on track for no treadmill miles, which is going to be somewhere in the 2700 mile range.

Time goals:

Mile - 5:15 next summer
    5K - Sub 19, hopefully before Spring
    Marathon 3:05 by next Fall
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    2014:
    Run 1500-1800 miles
    Marathon: 4:10
    Half Marathon: 1:40
    10K: 42:00
    5K: 20:00
    Mile: 5:50
    Complete Olympic distance road/Xterra triathlons
    Century ride
    Eat a dozen donuts in one sitting
    Kick some *kitten*
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    2014:
    Run 1500-1800 miles
    Marathon: 4:10
    Half Marathon: 1:40
    10K: 42:00
    5K: 20:00
    Mile: 5:50
    Complete Olympic distance road/Xterra triathlons
    Century ride
    Eat a dozen donuts in one sitting
    Kick some *kitten*

Sweet goals, especially the one about the donuts.
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    To become an Ultra runner! I'm signed up for 2 ultras next year already (a 50K in March and a 12 hour race in April)...hoping they go well.

And SOMEDAY qualify for and run Boston. This is more of a long term thing though because I'm nowhere near running at a pace to qualify. I may just wait until I'm 60 so I don't have to run as fast...lol.

Good Luck!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for a sub 2 hour half! Doing two in the spring, so I have a couple of chances. Andddddd I have been researching marathons a bit... as someone who never thought she would run a race, much less a half marathon, I am still not sure about tackling that, but am thinking about it for the first time ever!
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    The only goal I have right now is a sub 2 half. Got so close on 3 of my halves this year (2:02 in May 2:00:36 in June and 2:00:32 in September) just can't seem to break the 2 hour mark. But gunning for it this spring! I ran my first full in October, so I'm going to sit on that for awhile. No more of those for awhile ;)
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    2014: Finish my first 100 miler.

That is all.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    2014:

1. Run my first Half Marathon ( time is not an issue I just want to finish)
    2. Run Disney Half Marathon
    3. Go back and run the 5k that got me back into running and see how much I have improved.
    4. Go back and run the same 10k again and finish under an hour.
    5. Get more medals :)
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Complete 4 more half marathons before I turn 40 in July this year.
  • perfectflightisbeingthere
    Options
    Main goals: to keep enjoying running; be injury free; and to still want to get out there on a cold, dark and windy night like tonight!

Event aims for 2014 are to get mile time below 7:30, 5k time below 26m30s, complete a couple of 10ks (inside the hour would be nice) and think about preparing for a HM (perhaps the Great Birmingham next October with some of my work pals) with an aim to finish.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping to finally get half marathon #5 under 2 hours. I picked a flat course at least, but the race is in February. In New Hamphire.

Other than that in 2014 I'm debating training for a sub-25 5k or training for a marathon. My current 5k pr is 26:52, but I'll pick a flat course for the sub-25 attempt too.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Main goals: to keep enjoying running; be injury free; and to still want to get out there on a cold, dark and windy night like tonight!

You and me both!
    My main goal is a sub 2 hr half-marathon next May and complete an Olympic distance triathlon next September
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    1. 1:55 half.
    2. 4:15 full.
    3. Succeed in getting my sons to run with me.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'd like to finish a 100k, and also finish a 50k in 7.5 hrs (my pr is 8.5 hrs), all on trail.
    My most immediate goal is to finish my double header the first weekend in december: 55k trail on dec 7, and road marathon on dec 8. about 60 miles in one weekend.
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Finish my first half marathon. Not worried about time, just to be pleased with the race.
    I'd love to get some 5 and 10ks under my belt as well
    Do another sprint triathlon. Can't wait to see how much faster I can do it 60 lbs lighter, and able to actually RUN. ;)