GREEN TEAM-Week 6 Motivation

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Evening Ladies:
Here is the OFFICIAL challenge for next week, a hard but good one. I would REALLY like to see EVERYONE at least attempt this. The ones that are completing challenges are losing the most. Congratulations Christy Tolstoy26 for being our biggest loser this week!! Great job!! We are a smaller team now, so in order to stay competitive with the other teams, we will have to put up larger numbers, which I know this team is very capable of. It is MOTIVATION that keeps us going, so I need every one to try and help keep every one else motivated and positive. We have one week before Thanksgiving, so we need to put up some real numbers this week!! Ok so here is the challenge:

Our challenge is going to involve running (or walking if necessary) and performing exercises to get points until you reach 30 points. This should be done all at once.

1) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
2) Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
3) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
4)Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
5) continue the above steps until you reach 30 points.

If you hate running and want to get it done as quickly as possible, then pick an exercise that has the most points so you dont have to run as much. If you want a really good cardio workout, then just pick exercises that are only worth 1 point. You will end up doing just under a half mile up to just under a mile and a half, depending on what exercises you choose.

1 point exercises:
10 crunches or sit ups
10 jumping jacks
10 lunges (5 each leg, weights optional, but recommended)
10 bicep curls (weights optional, but recommended)
10 high knees

2 point exercises:
10 mountain climbers
10 seconds plank
10 seconds wall sit
10 bicycle crunches
10 "girl" push ups (knees on ground)
10 dips

3 point exercises:
10 burpees (http://recapturefitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Burpees_Kate.jpg)
5 globe jumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNeaS5b4nM)
10 full pushups
10 squats with shoulder press (weights recommended)
5 V-ups (http://gymnasticswod.com/content/v)
10 chest press/pulls with lunges (weights or resistance band recommended)

You can do all the same exercise each time or mix it up, just has to get to 30 points. Its gonna be a tough one! If youguys have some other ideas to add in here for exercises let me know. If like to have a good mix of upper and lower ones as well as strength and cardio.

The challenge for this week is a physical one. Please read through and ask questions if you have them. Since this is a fairly intense physical one, if you cannot due something due to an injury, please discuss with your coach and see if you cant come up with an alternative. Remember even just attempting it but not completing will get you 1 point! Ideally this is done outside or at a gym with a track and since its a short distance most people should have space for it at their house. Your distance does not have to be exact but try to get it as close as you can (dont try to say that running the length of your bedroom is 250 ft...if it is, im moving in with you) It can be done on a treadmill (~0.05 mi between each exercise) and without weights as well, so make do with what you have, get out there and get your heart rate up and get in a nice full body workout. You will definitely burn some calories with this!

Please report what you actually did to your coaches, not just a C or A. I cannot stress this enough, the ones that are active in reporting the challenge (say how it went, what they did, how long it took, etc) are the ones that are most consistant with their loss this season! Tell us that you were exhausted by the end, that the v ups were killer, that you tried to make it though today but couldnt get any more squats in so youll have to try tomorrow. Be active not on with your workouts but with the message boards too :)
Good luck ladies. I know you ALL can do this!! Rock it this week and let's get back on top!! i will also be posting a LAST CHANCE WORKOUT tomorrow night!! I have been doing circuit training the last couple of days and my legs are on fire. Last night, my circuit was to run down 2 flights of stairs, lap the gym, back up the stairs 5x, then 3 weight training stations for 3 minutes each and then repeat for an hour. Wow it was a great session. Tonight I also did circuit training doing 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute if abs for half an hour and then zumba and weights for 1/2 an hour. Trying to mix things up to get out of this plateau. I would like to see under 180 this week. That is my goal. What are your goals for this week?? Nice job on the weight losses this week!! Have a great night everyone.

Tammie
(your crazy coach)

Replies

• My goal is to lose at least 1 lb. I've been stuck the past few weeks. Did the challenge tonight after my regular workout here is my breakdown
    Run-10 burpees-run-reg push ups
    Run-10 burpees-run-reg push-ups
    I repeated these 10 times.

Good Luck everyone!
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow the challenge this week sounds intense, I'll be doing it on Saturday. My goal for this week is to get under 163 lbs, as this is where I have been plateauing for several weeks now...I will hit 163 then shoot back up to 166, back and forth and it is getting really frustrating!! I've decided that I'm going to start trying to incorporate 2 workouts into my day, instead of just one so I will now be doing Insanity (finishing up week 3, month 1) and doing kettle bells. Wish me luck!
  • tambam72
    Options
    My goal is to lose at least 1 lb. I've been stuck the past few weeks. Did the challenge tonight after my regular workout here is my breakdown
    Run-10 burpees-run-reg push ups
    Run-10 burpees-run-reg push-ups
    I repeated these 10 times.

Good Luck everyone!
    Awesome!!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Wow the challenge this week sounds intense, I'll be doing it on Saturday. My goal for this week is to get under 163 lbs, as this is where I have been plateauing for several weeks now...I will hit 163 then shoot back up to 166, back and forth and it is getting really frustrating!! I've decided that I'm going to start trying to incorporate 2 workouts into my day, instead of just one so I will now be doing Insanity (finishing up week 3, month 1) and doing kettle bells. Wish me luck!
    Good luck!! I love kettle balls. You can get some great workouts for them on youtube!! Have a great night!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening Ladies:
    Tonight I rocked it out!! I worked out for over 3 hours. I did 60 minutes of high intensity step aerobics, then did 60 minutes of circuit training, played a game of one on one basketball (which I did not include in my calorie burn) and then finished with 65 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Total calories burned 1988. I feel awesome and that scale better move or I am going to throw it in the road!! Have a great night everyone. Keep rocking!! You ladies are awesome!!

Tammie
    (Your insane but happy coach)
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ladies:
    Tonight I rocked it out!! I worked out for over 3 hours. I did 60 minutes of high intensity step aerobics, then did 60 minutes of circuit training, played a game of one on one basketball (which I did not include in my calorie burn) and then finished with 65 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Total calories burned 1988. I feel awesome and that scale better move or I am going to throw it in the road!! Have a great night everyone. Keep rocking!! You ladies are awesome!!

Tammie

Oh man, that's an incredible burn and ridiculously motivational! Great work Tammie!

Yesterday was my rest day and I intended to do the challenge, but ultimately decided I should stick to the plan and not work out on those days. I'm going to throw it in at the end of my workout today though, since after reading Tammie's post, I'm now inspired to do a little extra.

This is what I'm doing:

Walk, 10 mountain climbers - 5 times
    Walk, 10 bicycle crunches - 10 times

Hope everyone has a good day/week! :)
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies:
    I have been thinking about Last Chance Workout and that is why I haven't posted one. This week's official challenge is a hard one on top of what you all normally do, so I did not want to add more intensity. I remembered something from one of the prior Biggest Loser's show. This week for Last Chance Workout, what I would like everyone to do is to find about a half and hour of quiet, gather a mat or blanket, some soft music , and I want you to relax. I want you to close your eyes and to reconnect with your body. Think about how strong it is, how it allows you to do the things you do every day. I want you to think about what you like most about your body and smile. Do this for about 15 minutes. Just relax, breathe in and out slowly and think of nothing else. Then I want you to get up and find a mirror and I want you to look into that mirror and tell that lady in the mirror that you love her and you are proud of her. That you are beautiful and deserve to succeed. Then I want you to tell yourself the things that you appreciate about yourself that works towards the goals you want-do you get up early in the morning to work out? do you not snack between meals/ and I want you to tell yourself that you are proud of you for sticking with a plan that moves you closer to your goals. the last 5 or 10 minutes, I just want you to think about what could you do more to move closer to your goals or are u there? At the end, I want you to give yourself a big hug,,you are all beautiful!! Sometimes we are so busy that we fail to give ourselves the love and respect we need,
    Tomorrow I will be getting the official challenge done:
    1.) Run .5 miles or 1000 steps if you have a counter
    2.) 10 burpees
    3,) Run .5 miles
    4.) 10 full pushups
    5.)Run .5 mile
    6.) 10 squats w/ shoulder press
    Repeat until I reach 30 points
    Have a great night everyone!!

Tammie
    (your happy insane coach)
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around this week. With the build up to Black Friday work is insane and I'm feeling down. I really feel zapped from all the craziness and prep work for next week. All week I've struggled to eat I've had to push myself twice as hard to eat all my calories and working out beyond a walk has not happened. So to get out of my funk these are my plans:

Tonight I will:

Do my Strength Training

Tomorrow:
    Participating in my first official 5k race
    Running an adidtional 6 miles
    And doing the challenege work out
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening Ladies:

Tammie

Oh man, that's an incredible burn and ridiculously motivational! Great work Tammie!

Yesterday was my rest day and I intended to do the challenge, but ultimately decided I should stick to the plan and not work out on those days. I'm going to throw it in at the end of my workout today though, since after reading Tammie's post, I'm now inspired to do a little extra.

This is what I'm doing:

Walk, 10 mountain climbers - 5 times
    Walk, 10 bicycle crunches - 10 times

Hope everyone has a good day/week! :)
    Awesome!! Have a great workout!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around this week. With the build up to Black Friday work is insane and I'm feeling down. I really feel zapped from all the craziness and prep work for next week. All week I've struggled to eat I've had to push myself twice as hard to eat all my calories and working out beyond a walk has not happened. So to get out of my funk these are my plans:

Tonight I will:

Do my Strength Training

Tomorrow:
    Participating in my first official 5k race
    Running an adidtional 6 miles
    And doing the challenege work out
    Awesome Jesse. You always inspire me!! Good luck at the 5K!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening ladies:
    Today I went to the gym to do the official challenge workout. Here is what I did, instead of running, which i really can't do a lot of, I decided to as spin. So since I use a step counter what I did was count 1000 steps and then do my strength training part. Here is what I ended up doing: 82 minutes on the bike (because as the time went by I increased the tension on the bike which meant it took me longer to .5 miles) and then I ended up do between my set of 10 reps of each exercise except for the last one which was five, the following: 40 burpees, 30 full push ups, 30 squats with 8 pound weights for shoulder press, and 5 vups. Calories burned: 1427. Then I went to the elliptical rider and did that for 30 minutes, calories burned: 376. Total calories burned:1803. I think it is a good day. I love that you ladies are really trying to push yourselves this week!! Awesome job!! Thank you for all of the kind words. I will be doing Last Chance Workout tonight , even I need to reconnect and I downloaded Enigma so that I have peaceful music to do it to!!
    Today I was so happy to be living this life!! It makes me smile every day!! Having each one of you in my life is a blessing!! Have a great night!!

Tammie
    (Your blessed but crazy coach)

Keep Rocking Ladies:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So, I didn't manage to work out yesterday at all, but I did do the challenge today after 27 minutes of 30-Day Shred and 34 minutes of Ripped in 30.

In total I did .75 miles (just over 15 minutes) on the treadmill, stopping every .05 miles to do 10 bicycle crunches. My kid thought I needed his help holding up my legs for these so he unknowingly added resistance to my feet. :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great week! I'm back to work tonight (after 8 nights off) so I have to make sure to try extra hard to get my workouts in.
  • tambam72
    Options
    So, I didn't manage to work out yesterday at all, but I did do the challenge today after 27 minutes of 30-Day Shred and 34 minutes of Ripped in 30.

In total I did .75 miles (just over 15 minutes) on the treadmill, stopping every .05 miles to do 10 bicycle crunches. My kid thought I needed his help holding up my legs for these so he unknowingly added resistance to my feet. :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great week! I'm back to work tonight (after 8 nights off) so I have to make sure to try extra hard to get my workouts in.

Awesome!!
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Today I ran my first official 5k in my best time ever!! Slightly under a 35 minutes almost flat 5k :D also I finally got under 250... last chance workout tonight. Hoping that I drop at least another good pound before tomorroww.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Today I ran my first official 5k in my best time ever!! Slightly under a 35 minutes almost flat 5k :D also I finally got under 250... last chance workout tonight. Hoping that I drop at least another good pound before tomorroww.
    Awesome job!! You are an inspiration to us all!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening ladies:
    Looks like everyone has had a productive weekend..yeah!! Today I did Billy Blanks Ultimate Boot camp workout- 843 calories burned and then John has created a Last Chance Workout for next week, so I tried it out-25 minutes-278 calories..Built up a nice sweat!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Please remember to get weights into me by 9 pm tomorrow or first thing Tuesday morning. Thanks a bunch. Also please remember to get your official challenges in, we are losing points because people are not even attempting to do them, please at least attempt.

Tammie
    (Your crazy but cold, only 6 above, coach)
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    I will be completing the Challenege tonight after work. I will post when done. Weight is 247.8 :)
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Okay, so when I read the challenge I thought, how hard can that be? For me it was really hard. I haven't done a lot of exercise except walking so it was good to see I could do it.

So I alternated in sets doing each grouping two times for a total of 30 points:

8 points;
    Run
    Plank
    Run
    Girl Pushups

8 points:
    Run
    Squats
    Run
    Sit ups

8 points:
    Run
    wall sit
    Run
    Bicycle Cunches

8 Points:
    Run
    sit ups
    Run
    jumping jacks

I think it helped with my weight loss this week!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Well ladies today has just been a horrible day. Not only could I not control my eating, I literally even ate things, I never eat like deli roast beef, we had a young lady go into shock tonight in the first fifteen minutes of spin. With the best of intentions, I was going to do the elliptical trainer for an hour (which I did) and spin for an hour (only got 25 minutes with warmup) to burn off some off the calories I ate today. You know what they say the path is to_____ is paved with. Oh my goodness, the young lady was only 18, one minute she is spinning, the next her head is slumped over her bike and she is shaking. She was unresponsive and was taken away in the ambulance after 20 minutes. I am not sure what the issue really is and can only speculate that it appeared as if her blood sugar dropped real low. Another concern would be if she had drunk RED BULL or took diet pills prior to class because spin gets your heart racing so fast that if you enhance that you can have cardiac issues. My thoughts and prayers are with that young lady tonight. Please remember if you are going to work out hard, your body NEEDS fuel. You should really eat something with protein about a half hour before your workout. Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. Workout safely, if you are feeling light headed, dizzy, sick to your stomach, stop,you are overworking your body and are in the danger zone. Nothing is worth killing yourself over.
    With that said I will apologize now for my weight being up. I was 185 as of this morning, which is .9 up from last week. I am praying by some lucky chance I will weigh less in the morning, but well it has been a bad day and I have been working out like mad this week, so think the body is going through some changes and I just have to deal with it. thanks to all of those who have weighed in.
    Have a great night everyone!!

Tammie
    (Your sad hungry coach)
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Ran .2 miles did 10 push ups x 10 done with challenge :)