**Official week 6 thread**

Options
soccerella
soccerella Posts: 623 Member
This was a really close week for alot of the categories! The team percent lost and overall BL were super close, as was the voting for the recipe challenge. This week we lost a total of 28.22 lbs (and a few more members) and since the start of the challenge we are JUST under 200 lbs at 199.94!

Our biggest loser of the week was Nida1932 with 3.63%, but also want to acknowledge Pfil who was just behind that with 3.02% The team percentages, as I said were also close but our winner was the Blue team for the second week in a row with a loss 0f 0.66% for this week. Orange team was sooooo close and had 0.64% lost this week. Thats really a great job for the orange team because they are our largest team and its hard to get a whole team at a loss which they basically did, so great job to coach BMP9713 and the rest of the orange team as well.

The biggest losers from each team were

Red: Aprilstar480
Orange: Nida1932 
Yellow: Pfil 
Green: Tolstoy26 
Blue: MichelleP418 
Purple: ljdanny 

Nice job everyone!

The recipe challenge was a close one as well, but the final winner was #3 which was the blue teams! There were alot of really good sounding items in each groups meals, so im definitely going to mix and match some things and try out alot of these. Thank you all for voting and for supplying recipes. Hopefully you found something new to try!

On last nights show, the teams had to run 250 ft with a ball, then bounce the ball off a trampoline across a ravine to their waiting team members. The team member would then have to bounce the ball off another trampoline and into a basket for points. The baskets were worth 1,2, or 3 points. The goal was to be the first team to 30 points

Our challenge is going to involve running (or walking if necessary) and performing exercises to get points until you reach 30 points. This should be done all at once.

1) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
2) Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
3) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
4)Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
5) continue the above steps until you reach 30 points.

If you hate running and want to get it done as quickly as possible, then pick an exercise that has the most points so you dont have to run as much. If you want a really good cardio workout, then just pick exercises that are only worth 1 point. You will end up doing just under a half mile up to just under a mile and a half, depending on what exercises you choose.

1 point exercises:
10 crunches or sit ups
10 jumping jacks
10 lunges (5 each leg, weights optional, but recommended)
10 bicep curls (weights optional, but recommended)
10 high knees

2 point exercises:
10 mountain climbers
10 seconds plank
10 seconds wall sit
10 bicycle crunches
10 "girl" push ups (knees on ground)
10 dips

3 point exercises:
10 burpees (http://recapturefitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Burpees_Kate.jpg)
5 globe jumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNeaS5b4nM)
10 full pushups
10 squats with shoulder press (weights recommended)
5 V-ups (http://gymnasticswod.com/content/v)
10 chest press/pulls with lunges (weights or resistance band recommended)

You can do all the same exercise each time or mix it up, just has to get to 30 points. Its gonna be a tough one! If youguys have some other ideas to add in here for exercises let me know. If like to have a good mix of upper and lower ones as well as strength and cardio.

The challenge for this week is a physical one. Please read through and ask questions if you have them. Since this is a fairly intense physical one, if you cannot due something due to an injury, please discuss with your coach and see if you cant come up with an alternative. Remember even just attempting it but not completing will get you 1 point! Ideally this is done outside or at a gym with a track and since its a short distance most people should have space for it at their house. Your distance does not have to be exact but try to get it as close as you can (dont try to say that running the length of your bedroom is 250 ft...if it is, im moving in with you) It can be done on a treadmill (~0.05 mi between each exercise) and without weights as well, so make do with what you have, get out there and get your heart rate up and get in a nice full body workout. You will definitely burn some calories with this!

Please report what you actually did to your coaches, not just a C or A. I cannot stress this enough, the ones that are active in reporting the challenge (say how it went, what they did, how long it took, etc) are the ones that are most consistant with their loss this season! Tell us that you were exhausted by the end, that the v ups were killer, that you tried to make it though today but couldnt get any more squats in so youll have to try tomorrow. Be active not on with your workouts but with the message boards too :)

Lastly I am leaving sunday Dec 1 and will be out of the country until the 7th. I will be able to check messages up until I leave the morning of the 1st, but will not have internet access after that until i return home sat the 7th. I will therefore need someone to help me out for week 8. Basically I need someone to watch the show on Dec 3rd and come up with a challenge to have posted in an official week 8 thread by wednesday morning. Weigh ins will still be due on the normal time on the 3rd, I will just end up posting the results a week later when I get home

our spreadsheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupZ8kDMiwo-dGQzdld0NkFsdEtleEFUUEtJc0JtOEE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Replies

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    just one question is it 30 points per day or week
  • soccerella
    Options
    just one question is it 30 points per day or week

30 points total - it only has to be done one day and should really be done all at once. Its going to be tough but a good one!
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think this is a GREAT challenge, and challenge it will be if a person doesn't own a treadmill. I'm thinking I will be doing this at gym later at night, so theres not a lot of traffic and when I jump off tm i won't get walked on LOL
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Congratulations are in order to all.

:flowerforyou: Extra special Congrats to our BL Nida 1932 for the Orange Team and to our awesome coach BMP9713.

We'll get on the leader board eventually.

GO ORANGE:drinker:
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Congrats to the winners this week! Great challenge too!
  • soccerella
    Options
    If you have the opportunity to do this outside that would be the best place for it....Im planning on grabbing a couple of 5 pound weights and doing it in my backyard this weekend

As i said, a treadmill works too, simply becasue it give you the distance on the screen and then you can just pause it or hop off to do the exercise and then hop back on

if you dont have the option to do this outside somewhere and dont have the treadmill option then jogging in place could be accepted. This should be the last resort though, try to find somewhere else to do it first. 1 minute of jogging in place = one 250 ft run
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge!! Congratulations to all the winners!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a good challenge! Thanks for coming up with it, Soccerella! I think since tomorrow is my rest day from my DVDs, I'll give it a shot then, rather than trying to do it on top of my normal workouts. :)

Congrats to all the winners!! Great job!
  • Nida1982
    Nida1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations are in order to all.

:flowerforyou: Extra special Congrats to our BL Nida 1932 for the Orange Team and to our awesome coach BMP9713.

We'll get on the leader board eventually.

GO ORANGE:drinker:
    Thank you!! This week it woul be difficult to do the same... but i will try!!
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies:
    Today I went to the gym to do the official challenge workout. Here is what I did, instead of running, which i really can't do a lot of, I decided to as spin. So since I use a step counter what I did was count 1000 steps (.5 mile) and then do my strength training part. Here is what I ended up doing: 82 minutes on the bike (because as the time went by I increased the tension on the bike which meant it took me longer to .5 miles) and then I ended up do between my set of 10 reps of each exercise except for the last one which was five, the following: 40 burpees, 30 full push ups, 30 squats with 8 pound weights for shoulder press, and 5 vups. Calories burned: 1427. Then I went to the elliptical rider and did that for 30 minutes, calories burned: 376. Total calories burned:1803. I think it is a good day.
    I enjoyed the challenge even though I modified it up a bit!!
    Have a great night.
    Tammie
This discussion has been closed.