I want to play!

Options
BookRat
BookRat Posts: 16 Member
This isn't a question of training, but entertainment experience. I am currently over half way through a 10k program on RunDouble, so the Zombie 5k app is a bit defunct as a training tool for me at the moment, but everyone seems to have a blast with it. Am I missing out if I go straight for the Zombies, Run! app?

Also, I'm mostly interested in using the main app to spice up interval/speed training sessions. Is interval training possible on the main missions?

Replies

• krazeedr
    krazeedr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No, you're not missing out. The entire 5K app takes place sort of between episodes 1 and 2 in the season 1 full app. If you are a runner already, you don't need the 5K trainer. Just jump straight to the full ZR app...you'll love it!

Run safe out there!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    no you don't need to do the c25k trainer, jump right into the storyline. Intervals are part of the story, you gotta run fast to escape the hords when they come for you. (you need to run I think it's 20% faster & maintain it for 60sec in order to evade the zoms). If they catch you then you will lose your much needed sports bras, etc.
  • BookRat
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know if the 5k program was 'episode one'. I think I'll finish up my 10k program then start my service to the Abel in the new year. :smile:
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    see you in the new year. Able can always use more runners. Be warned it's highly addictive
  • cynforgiven
    Options
    I've actually been doing both the c25k and the regular app. i listen to the regular season missions when I go for walks and do the 5k training sessions 2-3 times a week. If you're already a runner then the 5k app would be redundant for you (unless you just want to listen to the story for entertainment purposes) but there's plenty in the regular app to keep you occupied anyway.

We'll be on the lookout and raise the gates for you when you're ready!
  • BookRat
    Options
    I'll keep the 5k app in reserve for if/when I need to start slow again, and I look forward to running with you all soon... Until then, be careful out there.