New Running tights

Options
My favorite pair of running tights were damaged last year in a brutal December race :( They have a hole in the knee and I was thinking now that winter is here once again I should probably buy a new pair (these ones are also 3-4 years old) The problem is this ones have a zipper near the ankle to make it easier to put them on then zip up for ultra form fitted tights ☺

What are some of your favorite brands of running tights and do you know of any deals?

Replies

• ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My favorite pair of running tights were damaged last year in a brutal December race :( They have a hole in the knee and I was thinking now that winter is here once again I should probably buy a new pair (these ones are also 3-4 years old) The problem is this ones have a zipper near the ankle to make it easier to put them on then zip up for ultra form fitted tights ☺

What are some of your favorite brands of running tights and do you know of any deals?

I've been using CW-X recover tights, on and off, for about two years (I've only been running 2 ½ years) and I think they help. No complaints about them.

Based on the recommendations here:

http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Main_Page#Gear_Reviews

I just ordered the 2XU Elite Compression Tights from Amazon

My reason for trying running tights is that I'm in the process of upping my weekly mileage (25 to 35 or so) and I want to stack the odds in my favor.

I'll toss in another thumbs up for this product:

http://fellrnr.com/wiki/UnderArmour_HeatGear_Top

I wore it today (in the rain) and I think it helped keep me warm — even though the shirt is skin tight and very thin, it retains a tiny amount of water and that very thin layer of water kept me warm during my run.

Also, I originally put the 2XU tights in my Amazon wish list a few months ago (I was being too cheap to buy them). I checked back in a few weeks ago and the price was just over $100! Grr.

I opened an account at camelcamelcamel.com and set a price alert to $100. I got an email yesterday about the price drop and picked up a pair at $92.xx

Just thought I'd pass that along.
  • watermstry
    watermstry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have worn the same pair of running tights for 15 years... not kidding. They are still in great shape, and they get a lot of use, since I live in Wisconsin. They are InSport. They don't have a zipper, but they fit like a second skin. I treat them like a swimsuit, handwashing them with Woolite. They look like this.... just not nearly as large :)http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271328017319&item=271328017319&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    No idea about availability outside the UK, but my favourite brands are Ronhill and Odlo. They stay put so I don't have to keep hoiking them up mid run, unlike a lot of sports brand attempts of running tights...!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Just got some CW-X Stability tights and love them. Great for the colder weather!
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    my saucony wintry tights have a zip near the ankle, what is that even for? they are nice but unusually for saucony come up a bit big, I wondered if I got man ones by accident but label definitely says womens

they have nice orange bits on them and some reflective detail and are from the 'vizipro' range and are WARM, I love them
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Under Armor tights made of the same material as the Cold Gear shirts that keep you super warm but I don't need to lube up to get them on.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I just have a pair of Nike Capri tights. They stay put and are just the right length for me. Seeing as I am "Vertically Challenged" (read: short) the Capri tights are like long tights on me :) I don't wear them often, though. Too warm for most of my Mississippi Winter. I usually run in shorts.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I have Northface tights that have a zipper at the ankle - I adore them!!!! But I find fit with tights is so personal - you really should go to a running store and try some on!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My favourites are the 2XU Elite Compression tights (I'm thinking of trying their thermal tights for winter running).
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My Nike tights have a zipper at the ankle and a zip pocket at the waist to hold a key! I am eyeing some thicker North Face ones for this winter though (I run enough I'd like to have more than one pair!)
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    if you're in the US, Old Navy compression tights are only $30. I just bought two pair, tried them out on a cold run (33*) and they were perfect. Right now online there is a code for a 30, 35, and 40% discount. I bought 4 more pair for $84.

I love the fit, they're not super thin, not overly stretchy, and the rise isn't too low (important in the winter...brrr) also, I'm 5"8 so having the rise not be too low is awesome, and the regular length was perfect, too.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Target is carrying running tights in their activewear section-- they're only around $25 if cost is an issue. I find they run small, so I'd try them on if you can.

My favorite running tights are by The North Face. I wore them in 35-degree and rainy weather yesterday and they were great-- didn't feel cold one bit. They are pricey, so I'd recommend looking for sales/clearance.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    if you're in the US, Old Navy compression tights are only $30. I just bought two pair, tried them out on a cold run (33*) and they were perfect. Right now online there is a code for a 30, 35, and 40% discount. I bought 4 more pair for $84.

I love the fit, they're not super thin, not overly stretchy, and the rise isn't too low (important in the winter...brrr) also, I'm 5"8 so having the rise not be too low is awesome, and the regular length was perfect, too.
    Score! I have a couple pairs of running capris from Old Navy and I *love* them. Now that winter has arrived in Canada I'm going to need full length tights. Thanks so much for reminding me what a great deal Old Navy workout clothing is.