The Bean Trees - Barbara Kingsolver

Options
Our second book! We'll pick a Koontz or King book (or something similar) next time. Let's shoot for one month as it's the holiday season and I know we'll all be busy! One month from today would be Dec 22 but I propose Dec 29th - then we can start a new book at the beginning of each month and make it a bit easier!

Replies

• featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I've never read this author before; looking forward to it!
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Agree to book and time line.

Patsy
  • featherbrained
    Options
    Oh my, I'm finding this already an easy and extremely enjoyable read. How have I not found this author before?

I love book club ;)
  • patsyacs
    Options
    got one at the public library today. may start reading tomorrow - if not tonight:happy:
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    will order later this week- school has been a zoo this week so I am puttering a long behind all of you. Only three weeks til semester break- yippee!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm very much enjoying it so far! Those of you who have started - how are you liking it?
  • patsyacs
    Options
    I like it. It's a faster read than the first book. (Especially when I pay attention)
  • featherbrained
    Options
    I'm almost done with it, really enjoying it! (I read through our power outage the other day ;) ) I can really identify with the two main characters and where they're from. The language seems real to me, too. I'll be reading more by this author, for sure.
  • patsyacs
    Options
    I really like the ending of this book. Shows that there is hope and good things in the world.
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I really like the ending of this book. Shows that there is hope and good things in the world.

Quick read! I'm also expecting to be done within the next couple of days.
  • featherbrained
    Options
    Forgot to check in! Loved it. Such a sweet, sort of uplifting book. We need these from time to time :) I love Kingslovers easy way with words, she keeps a nice pace going. I'll def. be reading the rest of her books!

What did everyone else think?
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I thought it wasn't bad. It's not my favorite book but it was entertaining and I loved the message. "Poisonwood Bible" is on my book list - I've heard it's awesome and Barbara Kingsolver's best.
  • Jinkeys
    Options
    It was an easy, pleasant read. I enjoyed the story, and the message :) I think this is one of her earlier books, and her style has changed. I like her newer stuff better. I'm glad that I read this book! Whats next!!!?
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Hey guys - how is the book going?? I know some of us are done but wondering how everyone else is doing :happy: I know we won't be starting next till the first of the month but if you guys want to start discussing the next month from one of the suggestions from last month, or suggest new books, might be a good time now, with the holidays fast approaching :smile: