Season 4 - Ep. 7 - "Dead Weight" - 11/24/13

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 11/24/13 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-407-the-walking-dead-dead-weight

YouTube Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0NzCMdwKrs

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Ha! I knew he was still bad....

Martinez was so dumb. I knew his *kitten* was grass the moment he pulled the Governor up from the pit.

Why didn't the aunt of the girl who was being dragged by the Walker shoot the Walker instead of grabbing his leg? She had a gun if I'm not mistaken.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    oh Guv - knew you still had it in you :smile:

The Aunt handed her gun to her girlfriend before playing tag - so she didn't have it on her (which is kind of stupid in a zombie world)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I think it's time they showed that little girl a few survival techniques like Carl has definitely learned.

And I agree, you never give up your gun. I'd have a few knives on me all the time as well.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    The wannabe police officer aunty gets on my nerves. :laugh:
    She found a girlfriend in the Zombie Apocalypse pretty fast.

So why did the Governor turn around when they ran into those walkers stuck in the mud? There must have been some other way to get out of that camp. Or maybe he realized his family really didn't have any skills so they needed other people to survive.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The wannabe police officer aunty gets on my nerves. :laugh:

I agree. She's kind of annoying because she is trying sooooooooooooo hard to be a bad *kitten*. Plus if she really wanted a firearm that was no fuss like she said she would want a Glock. Actually being in "law enforcement" I'm surprised she didn't favor a Glock since that is what 90% of law enforcement officers use.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I think we all saw it coming that "Brian" was going to turn back into the Governor. Martinez should have stopped running his mouth about the past. Then maybe he wouldn't have gotten a golf club to the back of the head. I think that if Martinez would have stopped trying to bring up the past the Governor could have settled into his role of being Brian. Plus it's not like Martinez was an angel back in Woodbury anyways. You would think he would try to keep it under wraps.

I think there is going to be another group that is scarier than the Governor roaming around out there. I think whoever built that pit of mud zombie to block the road is the same as the group that slit the throats of that other group that was camping in the woods. Plus those decapitated bodies at the cabin were labeled "liar" and "rapist" and the looked like soldiers. Might be a group of soldiers out there wrecking havoc.

I agree that no one in the world that they are living in should ever be without a gun or knife or some sort of weapon. But we're also talking about the same girl that never figured out that you have to shoot a zombie in the head to put it down. I wanted to smack that mom when the Governor told her to start packing and she started questioning him. ***** he saved your life on multiple occasions!!! When he says pack you start packing!!

I knew as soon as the Governor tossed that body into the lake without that he was starting another trophy collection. I can't wait to see how everything plays out next week. I'm so bummed that we're already at the mid season finale!! That means no Walking Dead until February!!!! :cry:
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I miss the prison crew and I can't believe it's already the mid-season finale!

I probably won't be able to sit still through next week's episode.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm suffering from Darryl withdrawals.

And how did the mother not catch it when the Governor said I can't lose you "again"?
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

And how did the mother not catch it when the Governor said I can't lose you "again"?

Totally forgot out that part!! I don't remember if the mom caught it or not but I think at this point she is just grateful that someone is protecting her and her daughter. I think she knows something is up with Brian/the Governor and just can't afford to be picky at this point.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Ok yeah, Martinez was a dumbass for running his mouth about the past, but still. *screams* I was so pissed when they offed him, but at least he went out in a big way :laugh:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    Where were the other people when the Governor whacked Martinez and dragged him to the pit? It was still daylight and I thought more people would have heard the commotion.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Me too.

Last week they were trying to endear us to the Governor and this week we were like Yep, I knew he was still bad :smile: He seriously hates MIchonne and she's my 2nd favorite character.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Where were the other people when the Governor whacked Martinez and dragged him to the pit? It was still daylight and I thought more people would have heard the commotion.

I wondered the same thing. And didn't Martinez mention that the camp was about half a mile from the pits and next thing you know they're within dragging distance.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was a little irritated having the last couple of episodes be primarily about the guv...but I knew it was leading up to something. We needed the back story of what's been going on to lead him up to the episode three weeks ago with him watching the prison. I know we've all been wondering when he'd show up again...and now we know..and how. And that he's a continued threat...just as Michonne knew. She's been trying to find him to end it.

This coming Sunday is going to be intense!!!!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

I wondered the same thing. And didn't Martinez mention that the camp was about half a mile from the pits and next thing you know they're within dragging distance.

Yeah, it was broad daylight lol. Maybe they moved the camp closer after they were done trying to fortify it with the cars? I remember them talking about trying to ring the whole thing with vehicles to protect it.

Also, one thing is kinda bugging me. I know they've been focusing on the Governor the last 2 episodes, but the "who is feeding the walkers with rats" question has totally been dropped, even in the couple of episodes since Rick figured out someone was doing it. Now, I don't know how long the Governor has been watching the prison (it has been 6 months or so since the end of last season), so I guess it could have been him. He's definitely smart enough to be able to sneak in and do it.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Yeah, it was broad daylight lol. Maybe they moved the camp closer after they were done trying to fortify it with the cars? I remember them talking about trying to ring the whole thing with vehicles to protect it.

Also, one thing is kinda bugging me. I know they've been focusing on the Governor the last 2 episodes, but the "who is feeding the walkers with rats" question has totally been dropped, even in the couple of episodes since Rick figured out someone was doing it. Now, I don't know how long the Governor has been watching the prison (it has been 6 months or so since the end of last season), so I guess it could have been him. He's definitely smart enough to be able to sneak in and do it.

They haven't been super clear about the location of anything in this season. I know Michonne has spent a lot of time looking for the Governor but how did they manage to miss a camp that had a tank?? And how did they miss that other camp where everyone got killed? I get that once you're in a safe place there is no reason to wander but Michonne has specifically been searching!!

Yeah they made such a big deal about it before and now it seems like everyone has forgotten. Granted they have had a lot to deal with and maybe they just don't have time to think about that at this point. I'm still waiting to see how Daryl reacts to Carol getting booted.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options

They haven't been super clear about the location of anything in this season. I know Michonne has spent a lot of time looking for the Governor but how did they manage to miss a camp that had a tank?? And how did they miss that other camp where everyone got killed? I get that once you're in a safe place there is no reason to wander but Michonne has specifically been searching!!

Yeah they made such a big deal about it before and now it seems like everyone has forgotten. Granted they have had a lot to deal with and maybe they just don't have time to think about that at this point. I'm still waiting to see how Daryl reacts to Carol getting booted.

It seems like the whole Darryl/Rick conversation about Carol is getting soap opera treatment. It's dragging out WAY too long for the sake of drama.

There might even be a group that's more deadly than the Governor. Whoever killed all those people in the camp in the woods sounds more menacing than anything we've seen so far on the show. In a ZA there would be way more people on people violence, rapes and lawlessness than we've seen so far. I haven't read the comics, but I've heard the show is tamer than what's in the comic books.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Why didn't the aunt of the girl who was being dragged by the Walker shoot the Walker instead of grabbing his leg?

I don't know, but I do know that that part almost made me puke :sick: