Team Blue ~ Week 6!

Options
justformel
justformel Posts: 193 Member
Good Morning! There isn't anything posted yet about our challenge this week, but I wanted to be ahead of the game this week and get us started already. :wink:

What did you think of the show last night? I was quite shocked who Bob said he wanted to save, I was thinking it would be Hap. But I'm glad he did what he did. So glad Jillian's team didn't lose again. I think she has turned too soft. I used to love watching her be all bad *kitten* on them, that was great. I would pick her just for that reason, although I love Bob too, but now it seems they have switched roles, he's all bad *kitten* with his crossfit and shes more about feelings like he used to be. LOL Love them both.

Replies

• kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I really like Dolvett lol!!! Ugh I'm like Tanya. I have a crush on Dolvett. I would love to be on his team!!! I'm just so proud of everyone especially David!! I couldn't tell if Bob was going to use his save or not but I'm glad that he did use it.
  • justformel
    Options
    I really like Dolvett lol!!! Ugh I'm like Tanya. I have a crush on Dolvett. I would love to be on his team!!! I'm just so proud of everyone especially David!! I couldn't tell if Bob was going to use his save or not but I'm glad that he did use it.

Agreed on that! I don't know how much work I would get done with that body around me. LOL :smooched:
  • justformel
    Options
    Team....we are on FIRE!!!! :drinker: The results are out from week 5, here they are!!
    Our biggest loser of the week was Nida1932 with 3.63%, but also want to acknowledge Pfil who was just behind that with 3.02% The team percentages, as I said were also close but our winner was the Blue team for the second week in a row with a loss 0f 0.66% for this week. Orange team was sooooo close and had 0.64% lost this week. Thats really a great job for the orange team because they are our largest team and its hard to get a whole team at a loss which they basically did, so great job to coach BMP9713 and the rest of the orange team as well.

The biggest losers from each team were

Red: Aprilstar480
    Orange: Nida1932
    Yellow: Pfil
    Green: Tolstoy26
    Blue: MichelleP418
    Purple: ljdanny

WOOHOO! BL for teams again! 2nd week in a row!! You girls are all doing so great!! :flowerforyou:

The recipe challenge was a close one as well, but the final winner was #3 which was the blue teams! There were alot of really good sounding items in each groups meals, so im definitely going to mix and match some things and try out alot of these. Thank you all for voting and for supplying recipes. Hopefully you found something new to try!

WOW 1st place for the menus!

Now for our challenge:
    Our challenge is going to involve running (or walking if necessary) and performing exercises to get points until you reach 30 points. This should be done all at once.

1) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
    2) Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
    3) Run 250 ft (~76 yards, ~0.05 mi)
    4)Choose an exercise from the list and complete the required number of reps to get the points listed
    5) continue the above steps until you reach 30 points.

If you hate running and want to get it done as quickly as possible, then pick an exercise that has the most points so you dont have to run as much. If you want a really good cardio workout, then just pick exercises that are only worth 1 point. You will end up doing just under a half mile up to just under a mile and a half, depending on what exercises you choose.

1 point exercises:
    10 crunches or sit ups
    10 jumping jacks
    10 lunges (5 each leg, weights optional, but recommended)
    10 bicep curls (weights optional, but recommended)
    10 high knees

2 point exercises:
    10 mountain climbers
    10 seconds plank
    10 seconds wall sit
    10 bicycle crunches
    10 "girl" push ups (knees on ground)
    10 dips

3 point exercises:
    10 burpees
    5 globe jumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVNeaS5b4nM)
    10 full pushups
    10 squats with shoulder press (weights recommended)
    5 V-ups (http://gymnasticswod.com/content/v)
    10 chest press/pulls with weights

You can do all the same exercise each time or mix it up, just has to get to 30 points. Its gonna be a tough one! If youguys have some other ideas to add in here for exercises let me know. If like to have a good mix of upper and lower ones as well as strength and cardio.

The challenge for this week is a physical one. Please read through and ask questions if you have them. Since this is a fairly intense physical one, if you cannot due something due to an injury, please discuss with your coach and see if you cant come up with an alternative. Remember even just attempting it but not completing will get you 1 point! Ideally this is done outside or at a gym with a track and since its a short distance most people should have space for it at their house. It can be done on a treadmill (~0.05 mi between each exercise) and without weights as well, so make do with what you have, get out there and get your heart rate up and get in a nice full body workout. You will definitely burn some calories with this!

With this challenge, It'd definitely one I wish I had a treadmill at home to do it. Guess I'll be running a little at gym, stop and do them items and jump back on. I'll have to go at a time where its not busy so I don't get stepped on. :laugh: Does sound like a fun challenge.

If anyone needs modifications, let me know and we will work out alternative items. :happy:
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    Way to go Blue Team!!! We may be small but we are dedicated!!! Let's keep it up everyone!!! I need to figure out how I'm going to do the challenge. I wonder if I can measure that inside my apartment lol. I don't have a gym membership or a treadmil. I'll figure something out.
  • MichelleP418
    MichelleP418 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I didnt get points for last weeks challange....:cry: I submitted the mushrooms...I didn't have access to a computer to post on the week 5 thread....it will not let me on threads on my phone :cry:
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    I didnt get points for last weeks challange....:cry: I submitted the mushrooms...I didn't have access to a computer to post on the week 5 thread....it will not let me on threads on my phone :cry:

Oh noo!! :sad: well I'm glad that you won this week!! :flowerforyou: Just let us know next time and we will post it for you.
  • MichelleP418
    Options

Oh noo!! :sad: well I'm glad that you won this week!! :flowerforyou: Just let us know next time and we will post it for you.

Thank you. :smile:
  • MichelleP418
    Options
    cw 208
    completed challange yesterday...kick my booty it did!
  • justformel
    Options
    cw 208

Great loss this week! :flowerforyou: I plan on doing the challenge over my lunch hour. Should be fun. LOL

Which items did you do, how long did it take you, how many calories did it burn?
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    CW 196.8

I'm going to do the challenge later on at my brother's house. He has a treadmill.
  • MichelleP418
    Options
    cw 208

Great loss this week! :flowerforyou: I plan on doing the challenge over my lunch hour. Should be fun. LOL

Which items did you do, how long did it take you, how many calories did it burn?

It took me about 1.5 hours....started strong and it wore me down.....I did 5 sets of squats (with canned veggies as I do not have any wieghts yet...they get heavy!) and 5 sets of push ups (took the longes, I have NO upper body strength).....not sure how many calories I burned....i didn't log them, I had an extremely busy weekend....was hard to fit the challange in....tell you one thing...I slept like a log!!! LOL:laugh:
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    149. i think i gained. it was my TOM. Doing the challenge tomorrow morning. BUSY week. I have hardly had a chance to sit! Oy!
  • justformel
    Options
    I gained too this week, ugh stupid tom. :angry: Oh well, next week should be much better as it will be all over soon. LOL

I didn't have a chance to do my challenge yet, I had to leave work early and take a kid to the dr and a dog to the vet. But I already warned my family I would be going to the gym right after work and I have my items already marked for the 30 pts, hopefully I can knock it out in a hour so I can go home and cook dinner.

Let me know when you complete the challenge, so far I have Michelle's marked done.

We also just need one more weight from Anne0209.

Have a great day and I can't wait for tonights show. :bigsmile:
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    Doing challenge now! Had to write down what I wanted to do.
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    Total time 24 minutes 333 calories. I did 2 sets burpees, climbers, crunches, 2 sets weighted squats 15 lbs, chest press, 2 sets planks, girl push ups, bicycle crunches, wall sits, and v ups. Ran a total of 13 minutes.
  • justformel
    Options
    Total time 24 minutes 333 calories. I did 2 sets burpees, climbers, crunches, 2 sets weighted squats 15 lbs, chest press, 2 sets planks, girl push ups, bicycle crunches, wall sits, and v ups. Ran a total of 13 minutes.

WOW! That was speedy. Great job completing! :flowerforyou:
  • kyoung1908
    Options

WOW! That was speedy. Great job completing! :flowerforyou:

It was fast wasn't it lol I read where we could run for 1 minute so that's what I did since I didn't get a chance to use a treadmill. I was drenched in sweat by the time I finished lol
  • justformel
    Options
    I didn't make it to gym tonight to do challenge, so I did it in my hallway. Lol. It took 12 laps in hallway for my 250 ft. Some of the time I had my dog running with me. Then my 9 yr old did it too. When I was running she was doing items from list. Took me about 30 mins to complete. Only did 1 one pt item at the end when I was getting really tired, I did 5 of the 3 pts, then 7 things from 2 pts. My daughter kept putting things in the hallway to challenge us. Now she's whining her legs are super sore lol. We were both sweaty by the end & around 17 mins I was starting to get hot & tired.

I'm interested in this weeks challenge. Moving those boxes is exactly what I did at work today. We had a can struction contest & today we had to load on flat beds & carts & move onto a truck at our loading dock. Most activity I get at work the last few days, from 8 hrs building Friday, then take down & moving, I'm going to be sore tomorrow lol.