I think I over complicate things

Options
I just realized I spend most of my free time researching food to fit into my constantly changing diet. First, I went meat-free. Then I went gluten-free. Then I cut out all white sugar and processed foods (anything in a box, jar or can). Then I cut out all dairy and eggs. Then I went raw. One more limitation, and all I'll be left with are the clovers and ragweed in my yard! :laugh:

I was thinking I should add something back, but honestly, there's nothing in that list I want to eat again, except sometimes I do yearn to roast my cauliflower, but then I think about how much healthier it is raw and the yearning dissipates. A raw plant diet is just SOOOO easy.

Replies

• Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi Jayjay! I commend you for making all the changes you have. Your body must love it. I've made most of those changes then, to various degrees, I slip back even though it feels so good to eat raw, etc. My struggle is that my husband doesn't eat the same way &I'm the family cook, so that presents a challenge. It's also hard when I haven't planned ahead well enough & end up someplace hungry with limited choices. Our society is still a long way from having affordable, plentiful, organic raw food easily available for everyone. Sigh. So, for me, eating the way you describe is more of a target at the moment & I don't beat myself up if I don't hit the target every time. Eventually I know I will more & more...

If you're open to it, please add me as a friend.